As a Barclays Payroll Specialist, you’ll form part of a team of payroll specialists who support in the timely delivery of critical monthly UK and Channel Islands payrolls. In addition to this you’ll provide accurate assistance and guidance to colleagues, employees, stakeholders and third parties, as well as system changes, escalations and financial activity as requested by the UK Payroll Lead.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the delivery of monthly UK Payroll, and associated financial controls
- Complying with Risk and Control Framework, Policies, Standards, regulatory requirements and all process relating to UK Payroll
- Collaborating on the implementation of projects and change affecting the UK Payroll team and ensuring UK Payroll teams readiness for the change
- Identifying and driving improvement to ensure the delivery of an efficient and quality core service
- Supporting developing and capability across the global Payroll Teams and the wider HR Operation
- Assisting Global Payroll strategy and transformation; partnering with HR Colleagues at all levels, engaging stakeholders and representing HR Operations Payroll in new initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- Expert knowledge of UK Payroll Legislation, HR policy with intermediate use of Microsoft Excel with experience of HR/Payroll systems
- Knowledge of the end to end payroll delivery, including reconciliation of the general ledger and payments to third parties
- Experience of handling complex and challenging situations in addition to being able to influence and negotiate at senior management level
- Proven and demonstrable success at driving process and procedural change initiatives– from conception to implementation
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Decision making that takes accountability of policy, legislation, operational performance and the wider team deliverables
- Experience of supporting implementation of system changes
- Working towards CIPP qualification
- Experience of Ireland/Ex-pat payroll/Off-shore Islands (Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man) reporting
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.