Would you like to work for a highly meaningful organisation that has a great organisational culture and really does put their employees first?
I am exclusively partnering with a commercial charity who work with local volunteers within the community, they are based in Weybridge, Surrey.
This is a great opportunity to use your people skills to make a real difference to the team who care for their organisation, enabling them to develop and be their best. As a relatively new function for the company, the team are working to establish and embed procedures, so you must be comfortable dealing with a level of ambiguity and flexibility whilst we work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure proposals are suitable.
They are ambitious and have many plans, so there will be plenty of projects to get involved in aside from the day-to-day work which will come your way. In particular they will be continuing with an organisational development programme which they started in 2019 and includes a focus on diversity and inclusion.
You'll be responsible for dealing with day-to-day HR queries, freeing up the Head of HR to focus on longer term plans and projects. The organisation is fast paced and a fun place to work, and as a small team they have to be responsive to the needs of the teams they support, keeping a number of plates spinning every day.
You will need to demonstrate a good grounding in employment law and best practice and be a highly effective communicator, able to quickly build rapport, advise and constructively challenge across various teams. Whilst they do not have a lot of problems, you must have relevant employee relations casework experience and expertise with a pragmatic approach to solving problems and recommending options.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary £30,000-£40,000
- Our client is happy to informally discuss flexible working and ways for their team to manage their home and working lives
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Christmas Eve off as an extra day
- 4% Employer pensions contributions
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts onsite
- Employee Assistance Programme - providing a 24/7 free helpline
- Mental health first aiders on the staff team
- Online Wellbeing Hub covering Mind, Money, Move & Munch
- Reward Website providing access to deals and discounts for hundreds of shops online and in store, helping you save money on everyday shopping
- Training and development opportunities - access to eLearning for professional and personal development
- You'll be working with a small group of friendly people who will support you from day one!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.