As a Barclays Onboarding Specialist, you will join our team to focus on ensuring that onboarding activities related to background screening and issuing employment contracts for senior hires (Director level and above) are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements. Once with us, you will be using your skills to provide a best in class service, while making an excellent first impression to those starting their new journey at Barclays, handling queries and ensuring onboarding is managed sensitively, discretely and within GDPR regulations.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing Senior Hire employment contract documents, liaising with teams, such as Reward and Legal, ensuring secure distribution to internal and external customers
- Overseeing and governing Background Screening on new hires and/or regulatory screening on existing employees
- Providing support to stakeholders around various projects, managing these to conclusion though excellent planning, chairing conference calls to track progress and resolve issues
- Acting as a point of escalation to investigate process failure and, where necessary, helping in the implementation of remedial solutions
- Taking ownership, managing and providing resolution for of all areas of risk, ensuring incident management and escalation
- Using data reports to identify new and existing cases and evidence service delivery
- Owning ad-hoc requests for projects, such as TUPE, Interns, providing advice, guidance and managing regular conference calls and meetings
- Ensuring an excellent onboarding experience and that cases are tracked via the Taleo Bulk process and evidenced appropriately
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate information clearly to candidates and senior stakeholders, among others
- Stakeholder management skills – owning relationships and holding “in-person”/virtual regular meetings
- Ability to use your own initiative and make decisions with unusual or ambiguous situations
- An in-depth understanding of contractual documentation and different types of employment contracts
Skills that will help you in the role:
- An aptitude to learn complex processes, policies and handle sensitive issues
- Knowledge of the end-to-end Onboarding process including pay and status processes
- Solid analytical, decision making and problem solving skills with proven ability to investigate issues using lateral thinking, data analytics and collaboration
- Experience of driving to improve the customer and candidate experiences of offer processes whilst adhering to Risk, Governance, Compliance and legal requirements
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.