HR Project Manager
As a Barclays HR Project Manager, you will become part of our team to oversee multiple change and transformation projects and/or programme workstreams within HR Operations and Payroll on a local, regional and global basis. Using your expertise and while working and partnering with a variety of stakeholders within HR Operations, Payroll and other HR teams, you will be ensuring successful delivery of initiatives on time, within budget, to the expected quality and that agreed benefits and outcomes are met.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Managing and delivering projects/workstreams and activities through the appropriate project methodologies, driving continuous improvement throughout
- Leading project communication and change engagement, while effectively connecting with and influencing project stakeholders at all levels and providing regular status updates
- Designing and conducting project/ workstream governance, while actively identifying and managing risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies (RAIDs)
- Managing change control processes for project revisions e.g. to scope, resource, time, cost, benefits, outcomes
- Ensuring clear and documented project artefacts e.g. project initiation, high level and detailed plans, RAID logs
- Managing transparent, accurate and timely reporting across the portfolio, in line with policies and standards, including outcomes, benefits, cost, resources, status and timelines
- Completing programme/ project audits, as required
- Supporting the facilitation of key governance fora and tracking portfolio/ programme/ project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, approvals and change control
What we’re looking for:
- Proven ability to independently drive, and effectively mobilise and manage, multiple priorities/ projects, ensuring a consistently high standard
- Ability to analyse problems and make decisions - committing to a course of action after assessing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, resources and constraints
- Relevant HR and project/ change experience, with good exposure to operational, technological and transformation services
- Solid communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to present and negotiate effectively, adapt style, and build narrative to influence internal and external stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to shape, mine and develop meaningful data insights to drive better informed business decisions/ solutions
- Good knowledge of MS Microsoft products, including PowerPoint and Excel, and knowledge of HR systems preferable
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.