People Partner |£36 - 39k DOE | 9 month FTC minimum | Manchester Centre | Hybrid (1 day in office)
My client is a large public sector organisation currently seeking 2 People Partners to join their growing team, as they go through an exciting period of growth and change.
Within your new role you will support and provide advice regarding a range of Employee Relations issues, supporting with all casework, including; sickness, absence, disciplinaries, grievances and capability. You will be an expert on the matter and be able to provide correct and up to date advice. You will also support with strategy, getting involved in multiple, larger projects throughout.
Some of your main responsibilities;
- To provide advice, support and guidance to line managers and staff on People policies and procedures to ensure current legislation and best practice are complied with.
- To support managers with absence management processes and to highlight any issues to the appropriate Senior People Partner.
- To provide expert advice across the full suite of employee relations casework, including disciplinaries, grievance and capability, including complex cases.
- To act as the People Team representative in hearings to ensure appropriate advice is provided and People policy and procedures are adhered to.
- To promote and role model the organisation's values, Equality and Diversity Agenda and inclusion.
- To identify areas for improvement in processes and procedures to ensure the People function and services are continually improved.
- To support the ongoing review of policies, processes and procedures to bring them in line with the tone of voice work and to develop new policies as required.
- To support and mentor members of the People team, sharing knowledge and expertise with more junior colleagues.
- To support the wider people team with the implementation of new systems and projects.
- Attend directorate meetings where appropriate and share key messages with the operational teams.
- Delivering training to both line managers and staff around People subjects such as recruitment and sickness absence best practice and processes.
- Collaborate with Learning and Organisational Development, Pensions, MI and Project colleagues where appropriate.
- To carry out other duties as and when required.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call us directly. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are interested in looking at an alternative position, please contact us for a confidential discussion regarding other options.