Payroll Operations Lead Job - 9 Month FTC
Oakleaf is working with a large Supply chain business that are looking for an experienced Payroll operations lead to join their team.
The payroll team is around 20 people who oversee payroll for over 20,000 employees. They are looking for you to multi-site experience. the payroll team was previously outsourced but now move internally which is why the role has come up.
The role is on an initial 9-month FTC paying up to £45,000 based on experience.
Payroll Operations Lead Job - Duties and responsibilities:
- Management of the end-to-end payroll operations ensuring the payroll operations team adhere to high levels of quality and service, ensuring prompt and accurate payroll processing by the 3rd party managed payroll provider.
- Mentor, motivate, coach, and develop the in-house payroll team, ensuring training and development is continually reviewed and progressed to ensure an agile working methodology eliminating single point of failures.
- Help define Payroll SLA's and KPI's to deliver the highest levels of service on administration and payroll related queries.
- Act as a Payroll Technical expert ensuring the Payroll system is operating and maintained to ensure compliance and accuracy of Payroll calculations. With the ability to call out any issues that may impact Payroll production working with the relevant support teams to resolution.
- Act as Payroll SME for the Payroll Team and the wider business. Maintaining up to date knowledge of the business requirements, Payroll processes, approvals & workflows, work patterns and rules-based calculations. With the ability to continually assess the impact of adopting the relevant Oracle standard processes and to lead on all complex Payroll queries and escalations, providing responses in a timely manner.
- Provide support on all Payroll Projects, including assisting with UAT, reviewing Payroll test scenarios, all Payroll parallel run activities, ensuring all Payroll operational tasks are delivered within the agreed project timelines. Working in collaboration with the Payroll and Project team to effectively manage all risks and issues.
- Support on the live running of Payroll as it moves from implementation to business as usual. Identifying any issues and addressing accordingly, providing post go live support.
- Help define and continually review best practice Payroll Processes, Audit and Reporting requirements from Payroll Production through to general ledger.
- Provide support and cover to the Senior Payroll Manager, aligned to the Payroll Strategy and Payroll Operating Model.
- Identify change impacts and work with the business to understand the changes required to working practises and behaviour.
Payroll Operations Lead Job
Experience, skills and attributes:
- Extensive Payroll Knowledge and understanding of UK payroll legislation
- Experience of Oracle Cloud
- Future thinking with and curious and open mind
- High degrees of initiative, accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Able to work at pace and be pragmatic
- Problem Solving
- Ability to take a logical and practical approach
- Concern for deadline and quality requirements
- Influencing skills and engagement with differing client groups
- Ability to multitask, work to deadlines, priorities under pressure
- Understanding of process improvement and business change
If you feel that this is the Payroll Operations Lead Job then please apply now!