Senior Payroll Officer - £55,000 - £60,000 + Benefits - Permanent - Central London
Oakleaf is currently working with leading firm within financial services looking to expand the UK/European payroll Function into 2022. The firm is a world class investment business who are looking to continue their upward trend and going through impressive growth. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in UK payroll but it will also give the successful candidate an opportunity to gain knowledge and experience of U.S. and European Payroll processes.
Duties will include:
- Perform daily payroll operations for the non-US payroll and support the US payroll.
- Process payroll in ADP for UK employees monthly, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist the Senior Payroll Accountant with processing payroll for US employees.
- Assist with posting payroll journal entries into NetSuite.
- Carry out payroll reconciliations.
- Prepare, verify and process small payrolls and the relevant 3rd party vendor payments, payroll fillings and YE payroll reporting.
- Partner with Commissions compensation team to review and process sales commission payments.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and payroll transactions.
- Assist with payroll audit requests & ad-hoc reporting.
- Respond timely to employees' inquiries regarding payroll in payroll support mailbox.
To be considered for this role, the ideal candidate must -
- Minimum 3+ years of payroll processing experience required, gained within a medium sized business Ideally with Financial or Professional services
- 'hands-on' experience of an automated payroll system (such as ADP, UKG or Workday), as well as intermediate MS Office skills, covering Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize competing workloads.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and willingness to coordinate with Payroll team on global