A Financial Services firm based in the City of London seeks a Senior Manager, People Operations and Payroll to report into the Head of Employee Relations, Operations & Governance. You will be accountable for the delivery of 2 monthly payrolls, and will lead and motivate the People Operations and Payroll teams, ensuring they have the skills, competencies and development to deliver an exceptional colleague experience.
A Financial Services firm based in the City of London.
A Senior Manager, People Operations and Payroll with the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Accountable for the successful management of the company payrolls including year-end submissions and any queries from HMRC
- Compliance with all payroll related HMRC requirements
- Ensuring that all HR life-cycle and Payroll processes and first line support are delivered effectively within agreed SLAs
- Team Objective Setting, Performance Reviews and Personal Development Plans
- Ensuring the Payroll & Operations teams are fully aware of all legislation changes, and any regulatory or legislative changes are effectively implemented
- Ensuring governance and audit compliance, identifying risks, ensuring appropriate and relevant controls are in place and attesting to these each month
- Ensuring all employees have the relevant VISA Sponsorship and right to work
- Ensuring Contractors are accurately assessed for Off Payroll Working, and identified as being either Inside or Outside of IR35 and that regular reassessments are completed
- Ensuring that the Payroll & Operations teams possess the vital skills and competencies, are motivated to deliver an exceptional colleague experience within the required controls, and are given opportunity to develop to perform to the best of their capabilities
- Working with the People Systems team to ensure any people systems are fit for purpose
- Ensure that effective auditable controls are in place and actively handled for all processes
- Building a positive relationship with colleagues, specifically People Managers and key stakeholders
- Manages external vendors and service providers in delivery of the Payroll, VISA and IR35 services
- Provides guidance to Line Managers to equip them to be able to proactively lead their teams
- Build a philosophy of continuous improvement to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Annual review of People policies and procedures relating to Operations & Payroll
A Senior Manager, People Operations and Payroll with:
- Previous experience of leading and motivating a small HR Operations and Payroll team and delivering an exceptional colleague experience, in a fast-paced high growth environment
- Excellent knowledge of payroll and tax
- Solid understanding of HR practice and principles across all subject areas.
- Passion for change and able to identify and implement improvements.
- Excellent attention to detail with an analytical mind-set
- Experience of developing and implementing procedures, and running operational processes
- Able to prioritise workloads and delegate effectively, whilst giving constructive feedback and coaching.
- Used to managing multiple stakeholder relationships with conflicting deadlines, and providing regular communication on current and future priorities
- Pro-active behaviour that demonstrates initiative and positive work ethic to ensure activities are delivered to the required time
- Willing to actively support the team with daily activities as and when required
- Confident and professional communicator, and able to engage across all levels of the organisation.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and of the unsecured retail credit industry.
- Previous experience of ADP Payroll system
- Experience of being audited with successful outcomes
Your Personal Attributes
- Conducts self with the highest levels of integrity and discretion
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build positive relationships with a broad variety of stakeholders
- Ability to identify and assess risks and control gaps, establishing and implementing solutions where required
- Pragmatic and creative in resolving problems
A competitive base salary and benefits package, depending on skills and experience.