Job Title: Head of Human Resources
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full time
Pay range: £55 to 65K subject to experience
Location: Haringey GP Federation Head Office in Haringey, north central London
Who we are:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team of Haringey GP Federation – a growing HSJ 2020 & 2022 Award Winning GP Federation in the London Borough of Haringey.
We are a young and growing organisation dedicated to exceptional primary healthcare at scale; working with 35 member practices in the diverse and vibrant borough of Haringey in north London and currently also hosting the North Central London (NCL) Training Hub, established to deliver training, enhance education and workforce development within primary and social care.
Our vision is to support the people of Haringey to be healthier and happier. We do this by strengthening, innovating and advocating for strong and sustainable general practice in Haringey.
The HR leadership talent we are seeking:
The postholder will work closely with the leadership team; both broadening and deepening the capability of a very new HR function to the next stage of its development, at a key organisational growth inflection point.
You will play a key role in influencing and shaping the delivery of our Federation and People Strategies, whilst contributing HR process and resource scalability and enhancing colleague experience throughout the employment life cycle, supporting a growing team, (currently comprising circa 170 clinical and non-clinical colleagues, across a diverse range of roles).
We are inviting applications from applicants with first class generalist HR skills, that have worked in dynamic service industries (optimally but non-essentially within healthcare) & have a proven track record in scaling up HR services to support rapid growth.
What you will be focused on:
You will be a contributor to and influencer of the Federation’s People Strategy, (as a key enabler of the Federation’s Strategic Plan); initially committed to the following transitional priorities:
- Key contributor to and coordinator of the Federation’s People Committee, which benefits from engagement across Federation leadership
- Overseeing the Federation’s considerable talent acquisition and onboarding activities
- Key contributor to the effective management of change across the Federation; advising on strategies to achieve high levels of commitment to achieving agreed outcomes
- Leading the development, enhancement and utility of HR systems and practices and the provision of a range of support services and to all Federation colleagues
- Providing leadership and guidance on issues relating to the equality and diversity agenda
- Advising on the handling of serious employee relations matters and sensitive cases, deploying high level professional skills to achieve successful outcomes
- Driving new strategic HR initiatives and improvements throughout the employment life-cycle, in key areas which support organisational growth and effective talent onboarding / performance / engagement / development
Skills, qualifications and qualities that we are seeking:
- CIPD Level 5 or 7 qualification or similar HR qualification / experience
- Solid understanding of UK employment law and best practice
- Numerate and able to comfortably work with all core Microsoft Office applications, particularly with spreadsheets
- 5-6 years’ HR leadership experience / track record in a fast-moving service environment, (optimally but not essentially within healthcare / clinical environments)
- Previous line management experience, (this role currently having one direct report)
- Operating tenaciously, effectively and efficiently in a continually developing and changing workplace context; championing and motivating colleagues to embrace change
- Comfortable being decisive
- Confidence communicating and influencing at a senior level
- Superior multi-stakeholder communication skills
- Strong coaching and mentoring style
- Willing to be hands-on (sleeves-rolled-up) as this role will involve day-to-day HR administrative duties, routines and regular day-to-day distractions
- Previous exposure to managing projects and confidence developing project plans
- The successful candidate will be subject to reference and DBS checks.
- First interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled during the first half of July 2022.
Applications to be addressed to:
Clayton Glen, on behalf of Haringey GP Federation
Email Address: email@example.com
Monday 4th of July (we may extend)