Your new company
Hays is pleased to be working exclusively with a leading energy group that owns and operates multiple renewable and flexible power assets throughout the UK and Ireland. An opportunity has arisen to recruit an HR Adviser to join their Northern Ireland team. This role will be based between two sites, with some travel required to other sites within the Group.
This is a hands on, generalist role, and an excellent opportunity for learning development for someone who has been working at HR Administrator level and is ready to take the next step in their career.
Your new role
As an HR Advisor will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day operational HR tasks and supporting the HR Business Partner in driving forward the people priorities within the company.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, your responsibilities will include:
- Advising and upskilling managers to mitigate people-based risks and follow best practice.
- Constructively challenging Managers' decisions where needed and be a "Subject Matter Expert".
- Provide HR advice and guidance to business projects and change programmes as required.
- Participating in recruitment and selection activities.
- Support the HR Business Partners on any restructures, consultations and redundancy processes.
- Support cyclical HR processes as well as providing HR reports and management information.
- Working with managers and HR team to provide advice and guidance on employee relations, disciplinary or grievance issues arising, providing appropriate and timely support and maintaining appropriate records.
- Working with line/HR Managers in handling absences cases, including providing appropriate support and timely submission of any occupational health referral or associated administration as applicable.
- Providing assistance and advice with regard to the day-to-day application of HR policies and procedures as well as ensuring HR records are kept up-to-date. Liaising with line managers to ensure effective management and reporting of short and long-term sickness.
- Providing day to day benefits information and advice as required. Being aware of the terms and conditions applicable to the various roles within the company and ensuring that any people related guidance is given accordingly.
- Communicating with maternity or shared parental leavers, returners and others to include handling working flexibly applications in conjunction with managers.
- To contribute to HR project work as required.
- Undertake any other duties which may be reasonably required to support the provision of an efficient and effective HR service.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will need previous generalist HR experience to focus on operational and transactional HR activity as well as contributing to HR projects as required.
- HR generalist experience working as part of a HR team at administrator or advisor level.
- Use of HR Information Systems.
- Experience of producing and working with data and MI.
- A strong team orientation.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible approach and the ability to deal with high levels of change.
- Basic Employee Relations Knowledge.
- Medium employment law knowledge.
Skills / behaviours
- Highly computer literate, particularly with use of Microsoft Office.
- Be someone who can operate with a high degree of integrity.
- Excellent organisational abilities and a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills with the ability to partner and influence at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A demonstrable ability to influence managers.
- Minimum CIPD Level 3 or working towards.
What you'll get in return
- Salary £25,000-£30,000
- Bonus opportunity
- Hybrid working
- 4-6 month contract (with possibility of extension)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.