This role is all about working closely with our Legal Director, who you will be reporting to, and providing comprehensive conveyancing administrative support and management. You will also work closely with other conveyancing and property team colleagues.
Long-established legal firm based in Edinburgh
- Assist the Legal Director with all aspects of conveyancing administration from client onboarding to file closure to include but not limited to:
- Co-ordinating Legal Director's workload during periods of absence. Managing their inbox by directing emails to fee earners where required or dealing directly if possible.
- During periods of absence, manage pre- and post-settlement administration under the authority of the fee earners.
- Providing excellent client service to clients via telephone, email & correspondence.
- Prepare offers.
- Obtain Home Reports/Sales Brochures.
- Note interest on behalf of clients.
- Draft legal documentation - Dispositions, Discharges, Standard Securities etc.
- Prepare LBTT Returns, State for Settlement, Advance Notices, Land Registration Forms.
- Request factoring information, Multi-search, Updated Legal Reports, PECs, Charges Searches, Copy Deeds, Statutory Notice information and Coal Reports.
- Prepare and issue Terms of Engagement.
- Prepare fee quotes.
- Submit Advance Notices, LBTT Returns, deeds for registration.
- Raise and issue fees.
- Maintain CRM records
- Open and close files.
- Onboard new clients.
- Cash room entries for all aspects of debits and credits.
- Request redemption statements, redeem loans, check bank details with clients, lenders and solicitors according to procedure.
- Digital dictation
- Liaise with clients and be a first point of contact when the Legal Director is unavailable.
- Liaise with other departments.
- Maintenance of lender portals (LMS, Lender Exchange) Various other general administration tasks as directed.
Knowledge and experience:
* Recent relevant experience working within a Legal setting in a PA/Secretary capacity.
* Minimum of 2 years conveyancing experience
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent administration, attention to detail & organisational skills with the ability to deal with a very busy workload effectively
* Ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise own workload
* Flexible, dependable and able to multi-task
* Keyboard accuracy is important - minimum of 65 wpm
* Solid IT skills including the use of the MS Office suite, Digital Dictation & the ability to pick up bespoke systems effectively
* Excellent communication skills - both written & verbal
* Ability to build constructive working relationships within team, with colleagues and Management Team.
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- Based in Edinburgh