Assistant Director of HR
£90,000 - £110,000
Cambridge / Hybrid
A brand new role due to an organisational restructure and transformation, working for an organisation of over 10,000 people with a matrix structure, this is an exciting opportunity to really make a difference.
Leading the people function and the HR Business Partner team of around 30 indirect reports you will oversee the generalist HR function that support the business in the UK.
You will work closely with the HR Director, to make sure the business's transformation and strategic programme compliments the values and behaviours and is able to implement a fresh, modern and innovative approach to the future way of working and delivering the HR function.
- Managing a team of 11 HR Business Partners and their teams, equalling a total of approx.. 30 employees, you will support, coach and drive the HR agenda forward across the business.
- Oversee the design and delivery of the HR operating model and strategy and play a crucial part in the day to day operational management of the team
- Leadership engagement and strategy, ensure high performance is in place and provide clear objectives
- Be responsible for key decision making across the HR function, being collaborative, an ambassador for Inclusion, equality and diversity forward as part of the organisations values and policy
- Occasionally design and deliver learning for senior members
- Work closely with Trade Unions, building relationships
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You will be a Head of HR / HR Director at present and have senior level HR Generalist experience
- Experience in working for a large, matrix business in a professional services or private sector business
- Used to working in an ever changing, complex environment and experience of managing large teams, driving the people agenda and supporting through coaching, advising and learning.
- You'll be a strong influencer and negotiator, you will be comfortable with ambiguity and able to navigate around the unknown on occasions and have a diplomatic approach.
- Experience of change and transformation
- A strong ER background and knowledge of employment law
- CIPD qualification and ideally be FCIPD or MCIPD qualified or have relevant experience
To be considered please apply online today!
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.