To provide exemplary generalist HR service to the business divisions based in the London Office
Leading firm in the industry
To provide an effective HR service (in line with HR key result areas) to all business divisions based in the London office.
* To provide leadership and coaching to enhance the performance of the HR Team, to ensure continued development of the individuals in their respective roles.
* To manage and project lead the various HR related employee engagement initiatives and projects as agreed with the HRD / CEO / COO.
* To provide leadership support to the HR personnel in the offices in Europe To ensure the HR service provided is aligned with the overall corporate strategy and supporting the local MDs and their local requirements (operational and legal).
* To manage the compilation of the HR Budget, in consultation with the HRD and in line with the Corporate Strategy and to meet the needs of the London Office based businesses / departments.
* To monitor all HR spend to ensure that HR is providing a cost-effective service to the businesses / divisions based in the London Office.
To provide an efficient and cost-effective service in the following areas:
* Organisational effectiveness - to provide support to Senior / Line Management, to ensure that the organisation and structure of the divisions / departments is effective, and to advise, guide and assist Line management in any re-organisation procedures to ensure they are effective, efficient and in line with current employment legislation legal.
* Staff Development - to provide a service that ensures that all staff are inducted effectively into the business. To ensure Succession Planning is conducted on a regular basis (every 2 years) and appropriate development activities are in place to retain our best talent to deliver internal training
* Educated at least to degree level (or comparable level of experience)
* 5 - 10 years' experience of working in a HR manager role within a commercial environment is essential.
* In depth understanding of UK employment law and evidence of the ability to apply this to a range of situations is essential.
* Experience of working for a European or international company and dealing with a range of different cultures is highly desirable
* Prior use of electronic HR systems plus good Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required
* Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences' desirable
* Ability to carry out internal staff training on a range of topics e.g., inductions and staff appraisals, is required
* Sound judgement and ability and resilience to make / and or support tough decisions is essential.
* Leadership and Influencing skills are critical for this role.
* The ability to be organised and set own priorities is essential to meet the demands of this role.
* A good understanding of all payroll and tax matters as relating to UK employees and Ex-Pats overseas and in the UK is highly desirable
Business awareness - role of HR as a service to support the businesses
* Customer focus - focus on the service that HR provides to employees / businesses
* Communication - at all levels (awareness of Japanese culture)
* Problem solving - able to advise on complex HR / Payroll cases
* Planning & Organising - Project management and prioritisation
* Decision Making - appropriate to culture - looking to build consensus
* Innovation & Improvement - seek improvement
* Team-work - build the HR team and work effectively with Senior Teams
* Performance Management - coaching and development of HR team
* Leadership - of the HR team - provide support to ensure key projects are implemented
* HR professional development - self and the team