The role of the Global Reward Specialist is to lead and support various Compensation projects and initiatives, with a proactive and analytical approach.
Pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch: our client is a FTSE 250 global medical products and technologies company, focused on solutions for the management of chronic conditions, with leading positions in advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care, and infusion care.
Main responsibilities will include:
· Leading key parts of the current job architecture, levelling and benchmarking review project including its implementation into Workday
· Supporting managers and employees with the roll out, communication and embedding on the new grading structure and reward framework
· Developing and implementing new key pay policies to support the transition of the Reward function into a highly effective global centre of excellence
· Preparing and managing the annual compensation review and integration with Workday
· Developing and maintaining market competitive salary structures
· Proactive partnering with local HR to address specific pay and bonus related issues
The role will be based in the UK, but will work closely with colleagues in other locations, and help with issues across all business units and functions.
A successful candidate will be able to perform the tasks above with efficiency and excellent attention to detail, while also having the ability to think about how this work fits into the bigger picture of compensation and the ability to suggest improvements with that perspective.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Architecture and Global Levelling
· Support the project team with the completion of the job matching, levelling and consistent calibration of all roles into the new global job architecture across all countries
· Lead specific areas of the implementation and embedding process with local HR and line managers, including the communication and change plan
· Provide project management support between the Job Architecture team and the HR transformation team to ensure key milestones are met and issues managed on a proactive basis.
Design and Embedding the New Global Reward Framework
· Lead the implementation of the new pay benchmarking tool and creation of new salary ranges and bonus levels across all key locations in collaboration with the Senior Rewards Analyst and local HR and external consultants
· Develop, document and communicate new pay policy guidelines and governance framework as part of the transition to a new global centre of excellence for Total Rewards.
· Advise on reward packages for new hires (Director and above) as needed, providing external market guidance and pulling together internal peer comparators
· Manage responses to ad hoc benchmarking requests
Annual compensation review
· Lead the set up and testing of the Workday tool functionality prior to process launch
· Play a lead role in the preparation and validation of local HR/management input into the annual pay and bonus review process, both in terms of budget allocation and adherence to relevant reward guidelines
· Review and finalise analysis of recommendations and outcomes for use in reports to management
· Serve as a Workday champion in the Total Rewards function to ensure the timely and accurate completion of the HR Transformation project
· Strong working knowledge and experience in implementing and managing a new job architecture and grading system based on a career map methodology
· Very strong analytical and communication abilities, in terms of compensation data skills as well as the ability to communicate complex topics simply and effectively to managers and employees
· Familiarity with Workday
· Track record of working in a global compensation capacity, particularly with multiple survey providers and benchmarking tools
· Ability to prioritise and manage work in a busy global environment
Desirable but not required:
· Experience using PayScale and familiarity with Mercer, Radford and WTW global salary surveys
· Experience with implementing and maintaining a new job architecture in Workday
Excellent salary and fixed term contract to April 2023.