Your new company
Hays is pleased to be partnering with a leading insurance provider to recruit for an Employee Relations Specialist to join their team. This role can be based in the Derry/Londonderry or Belfast office and will support the business across both the North and South of Ireland. This role
Your new role
This position is part of the HR team which provides direct support to employees and managers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advice and coaching to people managers on policies and programs, employment legislation in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures
- Support positive working relationships with employees, management and unions
- Attend staff forums and ensure that all actions agreed are followed up and executed.
- Develop and manage investigation plans, reviewing policy and training gaps proactively to improve employee relations experience
- Assist with the development of performance improvement plan
- Provide insights and intelligence with respect to trends and opportunities
- Provides specialist expertise, appropriate legal advice and interpretation on employment legislation for critical and/or complex cases
- Actively monitor external market on Employee Relations to drive best practice
What you'll need to succeed
- 3 minimum years experience in Employee Relations, in similar organisation size
- CIPD Qualification or relevant working experience, Certificate in Employee Relations / Employment Law beneficial
- Demonstrate good awareness of HR legislation, HR policies and application
- Previous experience in advising and coaching managers
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload and deliver on objectives as directed
- Display a positive and pragmatic approach with a natural ability to be tactful, diplomatic and professional
- Attention to detail and results focused
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 10% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance
- Generous annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Employee discounts
- Education support and plenty of learning opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.