Head of ER
£100,000 - £110,000
I have partnered with a multinational insurance firm in their search for a Head of ER to join their wider HR department & push through the strategic and operational processes around Employee Relations. The Head of ER supports the delivery of the people strategy in the region through providing technical ER knowledge and collaborating with HR Shared Services and local HR business partners in region as well as with ER colleagues globally to deliver an ER program that is fit for purpose within region.
- Provide advice and risk mitigation strategies for complex employee issues and concerns (both individual and collective)
- Provide training and ongoing support to ER Managers and HR in region
- Provide technical advice on business restructures to ER country Managers and to in-country HR and the business as required
- Set strategy to engage with employee representative bodies in assigned region
- Ensure that the region complies with the regulatory bodies in relation to people risk
- Provide regional perspectives on global policy initiatives including local requirements to adapt policy to assigned area,
- Identify and leverage opportunities to harmonize divisional policies within countries in region to ensure a consistent EVP (Employee Value Proposition) offering, where possible
- Engage effectively with stakeholders to identify and address their concerns regarding ER initiatives; develop robust project and communication plans in support of the region.
- Ensure ER alignment with other efforts across HR, divisions and/or the company
- Develop and maintain an ER organization structure that is fit for purpose within region
- Managers or directs legal cases through external counsel and manage the external counsel relationship.
- Extensive HR experience in a global organization or law firm with an emphasis on employment law
- Strong technical understanding of employment laws and practices within region
- Experience in transformational HR and business change (preferably in ER)
- Knowledge of best practices in ER policies, practices and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build collaborative relationships across divisions and geographies
- Experience in managing senior level relationship
- Strong drive for results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated organizational agility, planning and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage effective virtual teams
- Labor Relations experience with Unions or Consultative bodies
- Employment Law degree preferred.
- Strong negotiation and project management skills.