Screening Governance Manager
As a Barclays Screening Governance Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring that Barclays resourcing practices are delivered to the requirements of the Barclays People Screening Policy and associated Standards. You will also help to ensure that our outsourced screening provider carries out their checks in line with regional and regulatory requirements. As a part of our team, you’ll be involved in varied and stimulating challenges which are critical for a wide range of stakeholders including current and former Barclays employees, line managers, candidates, and all of the HR teams.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Managing two Screening Governance analysts, as well as providing support and guidance to our screening delivery teams based in US, UK and India.
• Making decisions on screening escalations, screening exceptions or exemptions in line with the content of the Policy, Standard and associated guidance
• Providing training/guidance on screening requirements and processes when required
• Providing SME support for Talent Acquisition Operations (TAO) to ensure consistent governance and controls are embedded into the TAO delivery models
• Engaging with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels and being able to directly and indirectly influence and negotiate with stakeholders as a key requirement of the role
What we’re looking for:
• Management experience, virtual team experience preferable
• Experience or working knowledge of a global employment screening process/service, preferentially in a financial service environment
• Excellent knowledge of end to end resourcing processes or a working knowledge/experience of Risk and/or HR risk policies
• Experience of working with outsourced serviced supplier and or vendor oversight roles
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to communicate information clearly and commensurate with the needs of the audience of all levels
• Analytical with a keen eye for detail - Able to solve complex problems in a logical and practical manner, applying a commercial lens
• Ability to work at speed and under pressure
• Comfortable evaluating and judging when to escalate key risks/issues and/or refer to other SMEs and teams
Where will you be working?
Northampton is the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.