You will support our operations teams in servicing our client's shipping needs. You will be responsible for maintaining accurate, up-to-date, and useable information in our systems by following well-designed guidelines and processes while providing excellent customer support services for our internal teams. The Fleet Information Technician work is integrated into the business development to create customer value.
International Data and solutions consultancy business based in Aberdeen.
* Enters data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information using an established procedure and through a proprietary interface.
* Quality controls entered data by reviewing and correcting data.
* Basic knowledge of geography and the ability to interpret and input basic, intended and recommended routes using geographical waypoints and Bon Voyage our proprietary route and weather display system.
* Full understanding of all data and voyage-based alerts including techniques and strategies for solving them. Creates messages to confirm suspicious data.
* Basic knowledge of the review/unreview guidelines and can correctly identify most situations for review and unreview messages
* Generates messages, but saves all for review.
* Successful completion of the Fleet Information Training Plan with Supervisor sign off
We are looking for a Fleet Information Technician who will work with providing excellent customer support services. As a person, you have an eye for detail with a focus on data management and quality control. We believe you have an associate degree or proven data entry experience. We expect you have the ability to apply common sense and your data analysis skills to resolve issues. You are analytical with attention to detail and are able to communicate these to customers and other internal teams in a good way. We think you are a team player with good interpersonal and organisational skills. You are currently in the market to find a job in an international company serving global clients and with a strong environmental focus.
- You must be able to work rotating shifts, with varying days off, work nights and/or weekends and are expected to be able to perform the functions and duties of all shifts. (usually 1 in 4 weekends)
- Permanent, Full-time
- Based in the office at Westhill