PART TIME HR MANAGER (3 DAYS A WEEK)/LONDON NW5
£50,000 TO £55,000pa (FTE) PLUS BONUS SCHEME c 20%, HYBRID WORKING
We are looking to recruit an experienced HR manager to lead and support the HR activities across our business. Working closely with the Senior Management Team your role will involve developing a strong people proposition for our Company. The role is newly created as the company is growing – we currently have around 100 employees and we need a development focussed HR Manager to assist us with our ongoing growth. You will be supported by an experienced HR Advisor who is currently on maternity leave so you will need to be happy to cover a wider operational role for an interim period.
Union Insurance Services is a trading name of Union Income Benefit (UIB). Our aim is to provide working people and their families with access to greater financial security through insurance policies that protect against the financial impact of major life traumas.
We are proud to have assisted over 2.5 million trade union members with our products and services. The company is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and our commitment to the training and development of our staff has been recognized by Investors in People status since 2002. We are based near Kentish Town in London, NW5.
- Develop the people strategy to support organisational goals, working in partnership with the people and management.
- Lead on employee relations issues, including managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness.
- Develop effective measures for employee engagement and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage employee recognition and engagement initiatives and drive a positive culture through the business.
- Performance Management – coaching managers on issues and processes.
- Work in partnership with the SMT to identify, develop and implement training, mentoring, and other development programs
- Recruitment and retention – managing talent and succession planning, taking overall responsibility for the company recruitment activity.
- Manage the reward programme, remuneration, benchmarking employee benefits etc.
- Policy and Procedures; implement new HR policies, procedures and processes to ensure legal compliance and training of managers.
- Provide leadership and management to the HR Advisor.
- Remain up to date with employment legislation and best practice, communicating relevant information to the business.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture.
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Demonstrable experience in managing HR Projects, ie TUPE, HRIS etc.
- Strong understanding of employment law in the UK.
- Good coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member.
- Have a CIPD or equivalent qualification or have significant HR experience.
- Experience of working in an FCA regulated environment is desirable but not essential.
What’s on Offer
- Competitive salary – £50,000 - £55,000 (fte).
- Discretionary Bonus scheme – performance based up to 20% of base salary.
- Hybrid working – mix of in the office and working remotely.
- Discounted insurance benefits.
- 25 days (fte) holiday.
- Fun, caring and fast-moving culture.
How to Apply
Please email your cv to and a short covering letter to Helen.Watson@UIBUK.COM explaining what makes you the ideal candidate for the role and why you would like to work with us. Although we would like to acknowledge all the applications that we receive we only respond to people who qualify for an interview. We look forward to receiving your application.