Oakleaf Partnership are supporting the hire of an urgent People Manager role to start ASAP, for a period of 12 Months- ideally within 3 weeks. If you are immediately available and have generalist Professional Services experience- read on!
In this role, you will work closely with the Head of People Advisory, and an Advisor. This People Manager provides the full range of generalist support to a defined group of fee-earning departments- which will be Real Estate and possibly one other, supporting 150-200 people. The Manager will collaborate with the business leaders and colleagues across the People team.
Specifically, your role will be:
- To ensure department and team heads are taking an active role in upholding high standards of conduct (including adherence to the firm's Core Values) and performance across their teams.
- Where conduct or performance falls below the required level, to utilise the firm's formal disciplinary or performance management processes as needed if informal resolution is not possible.
- Working with hiring partners/managers to identify the best way to fill resource gaps
- To support employees in resolving concerns informally where possible, but to ensure any grievances are managed in line with firm policy, taking specialist internal advice where needed.
- To work closely with the Advisory and the Reward teams with annual processes (bonus, salary review) including gathering information from the business
- With the Head of People Advisory, to be a key link between the business and the Reward team in sharing information and insights
- Strong academic background, educated to degree level (or equivalent) plus a relevant qualification
- Experience at manager level (or an experienced senior advisor) providing generalist support to groups of at least 200 people in a legal or similar professional services or regulated environment.
- Professional, warm, accessible and able to work effectively with a wide range of people.
- Aptitude for helping business leaders to own the people agenda, influencing and challenging where needed to help them grow their own knowledge and capability in this area.
- Experience resolving a range of employee relations issues (through to exit) utilising both formal and informal approaches in order to generate timely and pragmatic solutions.
The People team play a key role in enabling the firm to attract, develop and retain great people, and giving them the tools and support needed to develop and fulfil their potential, and that of the firm. The team is welcoming, inclusive, driven by providing a 'high touch' level of service, and collaborative in terms of how we work.
The team consists of c.40 people in both business-facing, generalist roles (Advisory) alongside specialist teams (Data & Systems; Reward; Diversity, Inclusion & Wellbeing; Employment, Policy & Engagement; Talent Acquisition)