City of London
6 month FTC
My client is currently looking for an experienced HRBP or someone ready to take that step up to join them on a 6 month FTC. They are a well-regarded arts trust with a range of culturally inclusive art museums around the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with strong influencing skills, experience in stakeholder management and someone who can take a strategic approach. With some amazing benefits, especially for those museum and gallery lovers, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
As HR Business Partner you will work closely with the leadership team for a number of different client groups, with responsibility for c250 colleagues overall. You will be primarily responsible for providing high quality and timely people insights, coaching and support, partnering leaders and managers to influence and drive forward organisational strategic objectives. As a member of the People Management Team, you will additionally contribute to developing initiatives to support the effective delivery of the trust's organisational strategy and their People strategy.
The HR Business Partner team sits within the People Team and comprises 3 HR Business Partners, 3 HR Advisors and the Head of HR Business Partnering. The small but busy and supportive team are supported by the HR Assistants, part of The Talent and Operations Team, who are the first point of contact for day-to-day colleague queries relating to HR policy, procedure and administration.
- Deliver a proactive, customer focused strategic people partnering service to leaders and managers, advising on strategic and operational people issues
- Identify current and emerging people trends and potential risks, developing innovative and pragmatic solutions to resolve them.
- Work with the leadership team to contribute to achieving their strategic priorities.
- Lead organisational development and change programmes across the organisation.
- Coach leaders and managers in developing their own people management skills, providing challenge in a respectful way when needed, to drive appropriate outcomes.
- Demonstrable ability to use a range of influencing styles to build trust with client groups to develop effective working relationships at all levels.
- Manage timely progression and satisfactory resolution of Employee Relations cases up to and including dismissal and appeal. Provide support with informal resolutions, interventions and complex cases as necessary.
- Be a point of escalation for the HR Advisor, guide on Employee Relations case management approach and outcomes and proactively monitor ER activity, identifying themes, risks and concerns to Leadership and the Head of HR Business Partnering.
- Partner with management to proactively maintain constructive communications and relations with local trade union representatives within the business areas supported.
- Actively contribute towards the delivery of the HR Business Partner team's Operational objectives and the overarching ambition to provide an outstanding employee experience
- Work closely with the Talent and Operations, Equality Diversity Inclusion, and Wellbeing Engagement & Communications Teams, supporting local implementation of People programs and initiatives.
- Implement workforce planning, talent management and succession planning initiatives in collaboration with the Talent & Operations team.
- Collaborate with the Learning & Development team, identify development needs to build leadership, management and employee capability to develop high performing teams.
- Develop inclusive local resourcing strategies in conjunction with the Resourcing team, supporting on senior level recruitment panels where required.
- Report and analyse management information to identify and make recommendations on trends and issues to Leadership teams and the Head of HR Business Partnering, which support good decision making.
- Lead on an HR specialism acting as the department's professional lead in this area and undertaking organisation wide projects, as agreed with the Head of HR Business Partnering.
- Develop and implement HR policy, procedure or tools that are clear, easy to understand, accessible, legally compliant, reflect best practice and carry an appropriate level of risk.
- Proactively develop self and the team and promote learning and knowledge sharing.
- Work flexibly within the People team to ensure cover is provided across the team, deputising as required.
- Undertake any other duties and activities commensurate with the role and grade, as required.