A vibrant and growing insurance business based in the City of London are now looking for a Snr HR Operations Advisor (HR Generalist). The HR function consists of a highly collegiate and hard working team of seven who support over 400 employees in the UK and internationally. They sit in an open plan environment in the heart of the business within their offices in the city.
The HR team are growing, it's a great time to be part of their success. As part of this team you will closely with the Senior HR Manager and Head of HR Services as well as the wider business to provide a first class generalist HR provision across the full employee lifecycle.
This role will suit candidates that have previous HR Generalist experience within a Financial Services environment. Candidates will need to be team centric, results and solutions focused, driven and love a role that holds variety and is not the same every day.
- Delivery and continuous improvement of HR team core operational policies, processes and employee communication channels that support the employee life-cycle at all levels, from the production of contracts through to the management of complex ER cases.
- When appropriate, provision of oversight for operational processes through the coaching and developing of junior members of the team.
- To take the lead on ensuring our policies are current, relevant and meet the business needs whilst maintaining an external focus on the changing employment law landscape.
- To support and lead HR projects and annual deliverables so that our year-on-year people strategy is delivered by the HR team as a whole. Key areas of focus are SMCR, diversity and inclusion, performance management process, people manager development, reward management, employee engagement, benefit management etc.
- To work effectively as a credible business partner to managers and employees, proactively identifying HR needs and working with the team to continuously improve and deliver our full HR service to all employees. Coaching and advising people in a pragmatic and commercial way.
- To work autonomously on HR cases covering absence management, disciplinaries and performance as they arise, with guidance from other members of the team where necessary.
- Supporting the delivery of the annual discretionary compensation process, including drafting and issuing letters, changes to terms and conditions, implementation of payroll changes etc.
- Working with the HR Manager to deliver the monthly UK payroll process on MHR's iTrent platform while driving efficiencies and accuracies.
- Supporting the HR Manager to deliver HR services to the New York and Sydney offices.
- Proactively manage HR risk in line with employment best practice and ensure compliance with changes.
- Work closely with HR colleagues, fostering a one-team approach to deliver a high-quality, professional and compliant service.
- Significant experience of delivering and driving an excellent HR Operational Service, covering all aspects of the employment life-cycle, including people management, diversity and inclusion, reward management, employee wellbeing.
- A good understanding and practical experience of ER generalist work, with demonstrable knowledge of UK employment law.
- Proven track record of working to tight deadlines, juggling multiple priorities and cases to the best possible outcome, whilst managing your time effectively.
- Experience of working with external HR subject-matter experts, such as employment and immigration lawyers.
- Well-developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills. You will demonstrate a range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and command instant credibility at all levels of the firm.
- Experience in professional financial services industry that operates with the SMCR and regulated references regime.
- Experience of managing right-to-work processes that have immigration requirements.
- Excellent IT skills; competent Excel skills essential and competent in the use of information systems highly desirable. (Excel reporting / work mail merges)
- Ambition and resilience for an environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing.