I'm currently partnering with a Private Equity firm in the search for their HR Change Manager for a 12 month contract.
This is an important role as part of a broader project to transform HR processes and technology across the business. This project will bring a significant change to many parts of the organisation, including international offices, with the implementation of new ways of working and new technology. The role will be responsible for leading on the culture change and people impact activities on the project, working closely with the project manager, project sponsor and key stakeholders.
Following the public listing of the firm in 2021, a project has been launched to update HR systems and processes like recruitment, onboarding, performance, compensation management and others, to support the listed status and future growth of the organisation. The Change Manager role will be a key part of the success of the project, working closely with the Head of People, the Project Manager, the HR team and key stakeholders across the business, to manage communications and ensure news ways of working are embedded and sustainable. The role will be brought in at an early stage in the project to ensure that the interests and views of stakeholders across the business are identified and considered, and that the change management plan can be embedded into the project from the start. This is not simply a 'back office' change - success will depend on adoption across the business, implementing changes to the organisation's broader culture and employee experience.
- Managing the people and business engagement aspects of change, to maximise adoption
- Supporting senior stakeholders to evolve the managerial culture of the organisation and change ways of working
- Applying structured change management processes and tools to assess the impact of the change and create a change strategy
- Developing a detailed change plan and managing execution in line with overall project timelines
- Crafting key messages and broad communications to support the change
- Supporting the Head of People to identify skills gaps and training needs in their team
- Assessing change readiness prior to go-live
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) at all levels of the organisation
- Strong collaboration skills, with experience co-ordinating change activities across different functions
- Self-motivated and directed
- Strong organisation and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to deliver in a dynamic and changing business environment
Typically has substantial experience of managing change within an international environment, particularly process and technology change, and preferably HR change. Has a strong grounding in change management methodologies and tools and has experience working within broader project environments. Is comfortable managing stakeholder relationships at all levels and is able to translate stakeholder needs into a change plan to manage complex change in a structured way. Preferably has experience working within the Financial Services industry and ideally has experience of the private equity market and/or investment sectors.
Has the confidence and maturity to work effectively with minimum supervision and make a positive contribution to senior leadership teams. Needs to be highly self-motived and an excellent communicator with the ability to distil complex concepts into simple and digestible messages. Must be comfortable at managing ambiguity and diplomatically raising challenging questions to remove uncertainty and produce clear, achievable plans.
Experience and Knowledge
- Significant change management experience, preferably in an international financial services environment
- Strong foundation in structured change management methodologies, best practices and culture change.
- Experience leading the change management activities for business transformation projects involving significant technology and process change (preferably HR)
- Experience supporting or managing organisational design activities to support a change (ideally)
- Degree level education or extensive experience
- Relevant qualification in Change Management and/or Communication (desirable)
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.