Here at Iceland we’re different. We care. We’re not a dull stuffy corporate. We’re one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. If this is how you like to work then please read on.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our HR team here at Deeside as a HR Case Manager.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide a professional, proactive, expert telephone and written HR advisory service to managers at all levels across the business.
- To provide advice and guidance to managers on complex people matters with a focus on gaining the best outcomes for both the business and the colleague. Specifically in relation to the management of serious conduct matters, capability, employee concerns and employee relations issues, including the management of suspensions and investigations. This includes reviewing investigation reports and complex letters or communications.
- To provide active support to managers in the day to day case management of serious / complex employment issues whilst at all times considering the commercial constraints of the business and the legal framework.
Key Accountabilities/ Tasks:
1.Act as a fully participating member of the HR team supporting HR and liaising and developing effective working relationships with wider stakeholders
- Manage a portfolio of cases, scheduling and prioritising activities based on the needs of each case and applicable deadlines or timescales
- Provide support to Managers or act as HR lead on complex people matters, including hearings and appeals
- Ensure good employment practice through the provision of clear advice and guidance in line with Iceland’s HR policies, procedures and guidelines
- Adopt a pragmatic approach in offering solutions to managers, while recognising legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work autonomously whilst using own initiative, on delegated work areas and where appropriate seek advice from senior colleagues when required
- Take every opportunity to coach managers in aspects of people management including communication, robust decision making, fairness and consistency and application
- Reviewing and preparing (where appropriate) letters/ documents in readiness for and after formal hearings and providing feedback to Managers where required
- Ensure all case management details are recorded accurately on the Case Management System and that cases are managed pro-actively and driven through to conclusion and ensuring personnel database reflects accurately
- Work collaboratively with your field-based Case Manager colleagues to ensure consistency of approach and application of precedent
- Ensure all applicable SLAs are met / exceeded
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested
Measurements of success:
- Accurate, considered diary management
- Compliance with HR policy and legislation /processes
- Risk analysis - SLA’s met - People issues successfully dealt with by the line with appropriate support
- Accurate and timely completion of case management administration
- Proven track record of managing a range of complex HR cases
- Demonstrable, comprehensive up to date working knowledge of UK employment law and legislation and its’ implications for employers
- Confident communication with people at all levels, with a style that is clear, engaging, coaching and collaborative whilst at times of challenge can hold your own
- Demonstrate strong partnership working with a variety of stakeholders
- Ideally CIPD qualified (Level 7)
- Experience of applying a commercial and pragmatic approach to providing HR risk based solutions to difficult issues that arise within challenging situations
- Ability to work flexibly in an agile way in order to meet deadlines and respond positively and constructively to feedback
- Can evidence building capability within a coaching framework - Good analytical and problem solving skills
Make a difference to your career, we expect a lot but you’ll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Alongside this we can offer you:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland