Oakleaf Partnership are proud to be working alongside a market leading healthcare provider on their search for an Internal Communications and Training Assistant.
Responsibilities (internal communications):
- Create and share clear, concise, impactful, and creative copy for internal campaigns to be shared across a range of communications channels.
- Create and manage bi-weekly newsletter
- Create content for and manage our internal communications channel Workvivo, ensuring a regular stream of engaging content is shared with our people
- Design content for the hospital's digital screens, and regularly keep these up to date
- Work closely with our hospital D&I network to create of effective, educational and celebratory communications as part of our annual calendar of events.
- Update the hospital notice boards on a monthly basis, printing the content and displaying / sharing with the hospital Information Champions
- Update the content of the Look First folders on a monthly basis - in both the central folder and ensuring that the Information Champions are updating their department folders
- Support with the organisation, planning and delivery of annual reward and recognition campaigns, as well as local recognition schemes.
- Support our all people engagement events such as Town Halls and #Unstoppable events.
- Play an integral part in our Fun at the company social society, and assist with event planning and communications.
- Work closely with our hospital Brand team to design and create leaflets, posters, videos and other materials as necessary for communications campaigns.
- Support as needed with the delivery of other internal communications campaigns and events.
- Contribute to the development and be responsible for managing our hospital internal comms planner and calendar.
- Keep internal email distribution lists up to date.
- Support the wider People team with the management of projects as and when is necessary.
Responsibilities (learning and development):
- Utilise all internal comms channels to promote the evolving L&D proposition to our people, ensuring events are highly visible and signposting our people to learning opportunities both within the hospital and across the business.
- Work closely with the People Operations team to ensure the smooth running of the annual training schedule. This will include:
o Planning and maintaining the annual mandatory training calendar, checking trainer availability, booking training rooms and providing support for virtual learning events held on MS Teams.
o Managing ongoing updates to the training schedule throughout the year, ensuring any changes are updated across all hospital communications platforms including calendars, internal comms messages and online information channels.
o Building a good relationship with our trainers, providing a troubleshooting service where there are last minute changes and requirements.
o Reviewing attendance registers and providing weekly information to key stakeholders on the fill rate of mandatory training courses including information on cancelled and no show places.
o Preparing training rooms for courses ensuring that all equipment is in place and moving equipment between the hospital and High Street Kensington where necessary.
o Maintaining a supply of materials (booklets, handouts) for mandatory training courses.
o Printing and distributing certificates to attendees.
- Play a key role in the new starter journey, ensuring that all new joiners are identified and invited to all the relevant parts of their induction programme.
- Maintain L&D annual budget; ensure fees requested match invoices, raise POs and manage blanket training POs, highlight any issues with payment reconciliation and escalate as appropriate.
- Create and maintain L&D programme materials together with the L&D Partner, ensuring consistency on brand and current updates to the hospital's strategy and vision. This will include reviewing and updating induction content, promoting L&D on the Cromwell Workvivo L&D space and ensuring structure charts are kept up to date before sharing with our people.
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Experience writing content with expert attention to detail, able to adapt style, approach and messaging for a range of audiences
- High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Someone with a strong visual eye and preferably Canva or Adobe design experience or willingness to learn.
- Experience of different internal communication channels i.e. intranets, email, newsletters etc is desirable.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, responsibilities and requests.
- A proactive, engaged and enthusiastic individual who is keen to learn, try new things, and muck in' with the rest of the team when required.