Head of Global Screening Governance
As a Barclays Head of Global Screening Governance, you will be accountable for the maintenance of the content of the People Screening Policy and Standards, in line with recommendations from subject matter experts (SMEs) such as CSO, Fraud, and Compliance. In addition, you will be accountable for ensuring adherence to the Policy in all countries that Barclays operates in and the management of the global Screening provider, HireRight.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Overseeing the governance of the People Screening Policy and Standard on behalf of the Policy Owner
• Providing SME support for all Barclays Internal Audit (BIA)/external audit activity in relation to People Screening
• Engaging with Regulatory Compliance teams to ensure Barclays People Screening meets the Regulator’s certification requirements, where applicable
• Reviewing and overseeing the performance of Global Screening Provider, HireRight
• Leading and managing the Screening Governance team, including ensuring appropriate colleague development and succession planning is in place for all roles
What we’re looking for:
• Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and stakeholders globally
• Demonstrable ability to work with process complexity, across a disparate process landscape and draw insights from data/analysis
• Proven ability to work with global teams
• Relevant experience with People Screening and/or onboarding processes, with exposure to operational delivery being beneficial
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Resilient and able to react positively to changes whilst maintaining focus and flexibility when encountering obstacles
• Act decisively, use sound judgement and influence key stakeholders to make decisions at pace
• Evidence relevant experience with People Screening and/or onboarding processes, with exposure to operational delivery being beneficial
• Able to understand the role that People Screening plays within an Enterprise Risk Management Framework
Where will you be working?
Northampton is the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.