Employment Screening and Governance Analyst
As a Barclays Employment Screening and Governance Analyst, you will be our expert on the content and delivery of the Barclays People Screening Policy and associated Standards, whilst supporting the global screening line teams in carrying out employment screening of all new joiners. You’ll also have a great chance to be actively supporting all audit activity, providing training on screening standard requirements and screening processes, as well as being first line reviewer of remediation plans of screening for employment agreements policy breaches.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Driving the correct delivery and adherence to the People Screening Policy & Standard
- Reviewing and providing guidance on screening escalations in line with the content of the Policy, Standard and associated guidance, to candidates, stakeholders and HR partners
- Documenting and escalating, as appropriate, screening- & contracts-related risk events
- Collating data for weekly/ monthly/ annual/ ad-hoc reports, as required
- Identifying and documenting issues with our outsourced screening provider, and raising any concerns about performance or operational issues to management
- Attending and collating documents for local or global service meetings and service forums, where required
- Providing screening and contracts support for Talent Acquisition and business projects
- Providing SME support for Talent Acquisition Operations (TAO) to ensure consistent governance and controls are embedded into the TAO delivery models
What we’re looking for:
- Experience and/or good working knowledge of a pre-employment screening process/ service, preferentially in a financial service environment
- Understanding of end-to-end resourcing/ onboarding processes and policies
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills along with the ability to communicate information clearly and commensurate with the needs of the audience
- Working knowledge/ experience of Risk and/or HR risk policies and their operation
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Analytical with a good eye for detail
- Resilient under challenge and ability to be a credible and authoritative subject matter expert
- Experience of working with outsourced service supplier and or vendor oversight roles
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.