HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
The HR Function is responsible for attracting, selecting, developing, and retaining high-quality medical and non-medical staff for MSF operations and for the MSF UK & Ireland office.
The department is in a period of transition in its structure to support an increased workload. Currently the department consists of 3 units and 19 UK based staff, and 2 team members based remotely in Ireland. The activities of the department focus on two main areas:
- Secondment of field staff to MSF's field operations worldwide. This includes on the sourcing of staff profiles required for field operations, active recruitment, selection, development, retention and all related administrative aspects. And this also involves management of the recruitment & career management function in Tunisia and Jordan as well as support for the Field HR function in Dublin.
- HR support for the MSF UK/IE offices in London and Dublin. This includes HR planning, recruitment, contracting, reward and benefits, staff development and retention, HR policy development, management support and all related administrative aspects.
In addition, the department plays an active role in the MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA) partnership of which MSF-UK is a member. Together with partner sections in Holland, Germany, and India MSF-UK is responsible for implementing the staff and support goals as defined in OCA's Strategic Plan. There is an international MSF HR community, where wider HR discussions take place and where the overall MSF HR agenda is set.
MSF UK has been through a period of rapid growth and development and has ambitious plans for the future. MSF UK/IE Human Resources department has reviewed its strategy, structures and systems in several areas to ensure it is in a position best able to deliver success.
Working together with the UK based Office and internationally deployed Field staff, the postholder will support the employee life cycle through effective and efficient processes through the existing HR systems.
The HR Systems Manager will support the key strategic goals of the organisation and develop the culture of evidence-based decision making throughout the organisation and HR team.
The HR Systems Manager has overall responsibility for the HR systems and related processes that are key within our HR department. This role focuses on the implementation of new HR systems and continually reviewing and developing infrastructure, policies, and controls processes required to meet regulatory, strategic, and operational requirements via Finance Audits, Management Information, and reports.
This role will work closely with HR and key business stakeholders and act as the point of people expertise for their business areas and be the local people expert. This is a new role added to our structure due to our maturing HR operating model and will support the Head of HR.
Please download the job description and person specification from our website for full details of the role.
- Ability to analyse and generate reports on complex data Power BI, MS Dynamics 365, etc.
- Previous experience in HR (CIPD qualified desirable)
- Previous experience working with multidisciplinary teams in international environments
- Demonstrable experience of HRIS implementation, project management, development and management of projects strong IT components.
- Experienced people manager
- Extensive experience of using, managing, developing and implementing Cezanne, HERO, or similar HR Systems
- Numeracy skills
- Advanced IT skills including advanced MS Excel
- Excellent overall understanding of main HRIS functionalities, with a highly technical understanding of at least one commercial HRIS product
- Excellent understanding of HR business areas
- Methodical, autonomous, organised and ability to understand and meet targets and deadlines
- Analytical thinking, operational and problem-solving mindset essential
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to convince and to negotiate, and to effectively manage expectations
- Ability to manage and coordinate numerous internal as well as external stakeholders
- Flexible and pro-active
- Familiar with Change Management techniques & practices
- Understanding of IT solutions design process
- Outstanding capacity to commit and deliver
- Excellent team player / team leader
- Quality and results orientated
- Committed to MSF Mission, Vision and Values
- Customer orientation
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on our website by submitting a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation by the closing date: 7 August 2022, 11.59pm (BST