- Challenging role with a broad scope and exposure to complex structures
- Diversified and pioneer group with a people-oriented company culture
About Our Client
The Group has been building up a strong reputation thanks to its historic legacy and a wide portfolio of household brands and operations spanning multiple countries within the Middle East region and further afield. Its industrial diversity makes this organisation complex and challenging. It is seeking to hire a Group Chief Financial officer to join its team and to play a pivotal role with its transformation vision.
- Provide effective leadership and management of continuous improvement disciplines
- Contribution to Group's strategic management through development, while maintaining strategies, including financial and commerce the side of the
- Participate in the role of leadership in future planning and effective daily life of the organization and related corporate activities including, business planning, policy making, financial forecasting and strategic decisions.
- Manage company's financial affairs from a strategic perspective, financial control aspects and liquidity.
- Maintain effective stakeholder communication and engagement throughout.
- Develop and implement an organization's overall financial strategy and have effective overall management and control of all capital and income budget to ensure financial resilience.
- Responsible for the financial aspects of any strategic projects
- Assure that appropriate financial and operational controls are in place for support of cost and income control, and for procedures to be followed, a comprehensive overview of all departments' activities and budgets must be maintained
- Oversee all accounting functions
- Support ERP implementation
- Participate in M&A
- Restructure the financial department, including re-engineering of balance sheets
- Maintain strong relationships and governance with banks
- Negotiate financing deals
- Maintain a current understanding of financial, tax, administration, and operational best practices and ensure that the organization complies with all legal and statutory requirements.
People management :
- Promote a culture of change and development by championing and promoting it. Develop a high-performance culture centered on employee empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards, as well as collaboration.
- To successfully manage the team's performance by conducting yearly performance management reviews with the direct reports' team, ensuring that the department's objectives and key outputs are communicated throughout the department.
- On a frequent basis, communicate effectively with teams to ensure that information is shared is precise, timely, and unambiguous; it encourages team participation
The Successful Applicant
- Strong academic background from a Top Tier institution, with a preference for MBA or MS/BS in Finance or Accounting
- High professionalism, diplomacy and cultural awareness
- A professional finance certification/membership such as ICAEW, CPA, ICAS, CFA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Having a proven track record as a Group Executive (CFO) in the Middle East region within a large, prominent and sophisticated businesses (both local and MNC)
- Experienced in complex structures and diverse industries
- The ability for strategic thinking/ability for critical and analytical thinking
- People oriented individual
- Experience in restructuring / refinancing
- Outstanding communication and prioritisation skills
- Strong understanding of IFRS
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered an exciting remuneration package + benefits. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a candidate within the finance and leadership function, to further progress their career within a growing and complex company.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPPTJN -072022-5687898Z
Closing Date: 26/09/2022