Senior Reward Analyst
As a Senior Rewards Analyst at HS2 you will provide a range of advisory, analytical and operational services covering all aspects of Reward including management of reward processes such as job evaluation and grading management, job descriptions, reward benchmarking, and the governance, forecasting and reporting requirements of HS2.
About the role
- Lead and project manage job evaluation activities arising from both larger scale organisation design and/or ‘business as usual’ which includes contributing and evaluating jobs (using the Hay methodology). Provide advice to Heads of HR in order to ensure that informed, fair and consistent decisions are taken within the constraints of agreed reward policies and organisational design principles. Act as the key liaise point with KFHG on grading of senior roles in a timely manner and, working with Heads of HR, Resourcing and key business stakeholders to ensure understanding of key accountabilities and requirements of roles and teams is aligned across all stakeholders, and documented correctly. Advise and communicate on best practice job description writing and business requirements required for job evaluation to increase process efficiency in order for the business to recruit roles. Develop and maintain governance of the job evaluation and job description library procedures and processes. Ensure all evaluators, job evaluations and rationales are prepared to the required standard and all records are accurate and up to date.
Reward Governance and Benchmarking
- Monitor and provide detailed analysis, insights and reports on executive and senior roles on a regular basis Work closely with the Senior Reward Manager and the Head of Reward to coordinate reports for Remuneration Committee as required. Keep abreast of industry changes in compensation and benefits and provide insights to Reward team and HR community. Conduct pay modelling, and on an annual basis provide analysis and proposals for the HS2 pay ranges for the annual pay review cycle. Work closely with HR Management Information team to derive required data analytics to ensure all reporting requirements are met and the terms of the Framework Agreement (Remuneration Annex and Senior Pay Controls Framework) are adhered to. Provide comprehensive internal and external benchmarking salary data to Senior Reward Manager and if required to Heads of HR and Resourcing teams so parity levels remain consistent.
Reward Deliverables and Projects
- Support the delivery of annual reward calendar activities including the pay review, apprentice pay, salary range reviews by conducting research and providing detailed analysis. Provide advice on reward policies and processes to Heads of HR, HR Operations, line managers and employees to ensure that informed and defensible decisions are taken within the constraints of agreed reward principles and policies. Design and develop reward tools, templates, guidelines and calculators to the HR team to facilitate informed and accurate reward decision making. Actively promote and embed equality, Diversity and inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Ability to compile, integrate, analyse and present complex data in the most appropriate format and tone depending on the recipient IT skills - MS Office skills particularly Excel Job Evaluation skills specifically Hay Methodology Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times Time management & prioritisation skills Ability to develop effective working relationships with team and stakeholders to deliver high quality advisory and technical services Project Management and Report preparation
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject (or equivalent experience) Ability to understand and interpret Hay Job Evaluation methodology and communicate evaluation outcomes Ability to understand and deliver projects using the knowledge of various pay design and organisational design principles and processes. Knowledge of HRIS and Finance Systems Knowledge of planning, working to agreed deadlines, understand how reward impacts and fits into other HR deliverables and programmes
Type of experience:
- Experience of operating at an operational level in a Reward team in a complex, rapidly changing environment Providing advice on reward matters to Heads of HR and line managers Co-ordinating and delivering annual pay reviews Compiling and analysing data sets using in-house and external databases Experience of working with different salary survey providers (especially Hay Korn Ferry, Willis Towers Watson (WTW), survey interpretation, pay ranges review and analysis, pay modelling Experience of managing external supplier relationships, monitoring performance against SLA’s, identifying and resolving issues
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
Closing date: 16 August 2022.