Based St Ives with regular travel
Newly advertised Head of HR role to orchestrate growth and enhance the employee experience within this exciting, high profile and growing organisation with three different business units based across Cambridgeshire, Berkshire, Midlands, Sheffield and London. With just over 300 permanent headcount within the business you are supported by a team of two – an HR Assistant and a site based HR Manager in London. You will be tasked with translating the business plan into a People Agenda and roadmap to implement and deliver a first-class employee experience in a challenging market.
Working alongside the business MDs, FD, and CEO you will advise and support the SLT on all things people including:
- Labour and recruitment - Partnering with operations to understand and plan for rapid and high demand seasonal uplift of labour and create innovative and exciting methods to attract the challenging numbers required.
- HR systems - Fully maximise the benefits of the newly implemented HR system to maximise access to field-based staff, build inclusion and drive improved people insights through analysis and reporting.
- Performance Management - Implement and embed performance management processes that clearly identify talent, and skills gaps.
- Talent Development - Translate these into a talent development approach supported by relevant learning and development framework to allow the business to identify and grow their future leaders.
- Management Development - Create and roll out management development training to support newly promoted line managers to confidently deliver the people element of their role.
- Inclusion and engagement - Deliver employee engagement initiatives to improve engagement across production, operations, field based and office-based staff to create a cohesive and consistent employee experience.
- Change management – embrace the appetite for change from the leadership team and create a change programme that will allow delivery of all of the above.
The business has recognised the need and is ready to fully invest in it’s people – this is an amazing opportunity to curate that change. You will need to be adept at engaging with key stakeholders at all levels within the business, resilient, positive, and ready to listen. In return you will be steering the business on a real journey – genuine legacy making stuff, within what is already an excellent place to work.
- Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Cashback health plan
- Agile working – need to travel to multiple sites but will enjoy at least one day pw from home, with opportunity for more once you are established in your role.