We are a successful independent school looking to recruit an experienced HR professional to work alongside the Senior Leadership Team and take responsibility for human resources.
You’ll enjoy a varied role which will see you overseeing HR strategy, employee engagement, wellbeing, payroll management and more, so you’ll be expected to multi-task and be a hands-on professional who can operate effectively in a developing and changing workplace. This is an excellent opportunity to look after approximately 100+ employees, allowing you to get to know our people, provide a personalised service and create a real impact.
To be successful, you will have:
- Previous experience of line management and mentoring
- Ideally a Level 7 CIPD diploma or be studying towards it
- Strong numeracy and literacy with English and Maths GCSE (grade A–C) or equivalent
- Excellent IT skills, with the ability to use a range of Microsoft Office packages
- Proven tact and diplomacy in dealing with a wide range of people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
Previous experience working in a school or another regulated environment would be advantageous but is not essential.
In return, you’ll work in a thriving independent school situated on 13 acres of greenbelt land in Surrey.
We offer an exceptional benefits package, including:
- 25 days’ holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Personal pension scheme
- Fee remission
- Five-star lunches provided in term time and whilst on duty
- Employee assistance programme with access to counselling
- Free on-site parking
If you’re an experienced and versatile HR professional, we’d love to hear from you.
For further information, please visit our website via the apply button.
Closing date: Wednesday, 7th September 2022; however, we reserve the right (and expect) to interview and appoint at any stage of the recruitment process.
Sir William Perkins’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS check.