Oakleaf are partnering with this truly global Law firm, to support the hire of an HR Business Partner, based in the UK, who will support a number of their EMEA and Asia offices.
Broadly, The HRBP team in this firm have responsibility for the day-to-day operations of all legal staff, from Paralegal to Partner, across the relevant fee-earning departments.
As a team they support and enable the business to manage change and assist their people in delivering the Firmwide strategy. This is done by having a constant desire to meet the ever changing needs of the business and its people, a dedication to outstanding client service and a determination to act as a cohesive team in everything they do.
-Understands the business, identifies challenges across your assigned Department.
- Identifies creative solutions to resource planning and resourcing strategies.
- Co-ordinates succession planning and talent management, including assessing pipeline of talent across multiple groups.
- Co-ordinates the headcount budget process across their assigned Department, acts as a key contact for F&A and attends budget meetings where appropriate.
- Work closely with the group to facilitate the performance review process and provide advice, guidance and training where necessary.
- Manage the internal promotion process within client groups.
- Provide advice on using the Career Development Framework and act as a champion.
-Co-ordinate the salary review process for your dedicated client group
- In conjunction with the Recruitment team, liaise with the client group to establish recruitment/resourcing needs.
- Coach and develop junior members of the HR team.
- Provide advice and guidance on employee relations issues e.g. disciplinary/grievance matters and performance issues. Where necessary, investigate matters and conduct meetings autonomously.
- Implement small restructuring and resourcing projects.
- Acts as key stakeholder when implementing and reviewing HR/Firmwide policies.
- Actively lead in strategic projects, HR initiatives and departmental activities as appropriate.
Experience and knowledge
- Solid experience working in a professional services environment at Business Partner level.
- Solid experience of dealing with complex ER issues.
- Ideally CIPD qualified or working towards this qualification is helpful, but not essential.
Skills and competencies
- Experience of working in an international setting/ firm would be advantageous
- Strong client service skills and excellent communication both verbal and written.
- Ability to influence and challenge at all levels where appropriate.
- Professional, credible and responsive.
- Strong commercial and business awareness.
- Ability to deal with pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
- Discreet with the utmost integrity.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and positive.