Henlee Resourcing is working on an exclusive basis with this niche business based in Wantage, to recruit an enthusiastic HR Assistant for an initial 12 month FTC.
You will provide day-to-day support to the HR team and all Employees to enable effective people management across all levels. You will support daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide efficient, accurate and timely administration for HR, assisting with the preparation of payroll as required and sending payroll reminders to managers
- Support managers and employees with the probation process seeking guidance as necessary
- Manage the new starter process, including offer letters, contracts and references and arrange new starter Company and HR inductions
- Manage the absence management process
- Carry out new starter inductions for new employees
- Manage the leavers process and arrange exit interviews
- Update organisation charts and the HR intranet
- Complete references for ex-employees
- Schedule training and group sessions including booking hotels and ordering food when required
- Update employee records and process any employee changes to terms and conditions, including associated administration and updating HRIS
- Maintain Company benefits administration
- Ownership of the Company health and safety processes and auditing
- Organise and maintain effective filing and information systems including the electronic and paper-based employee files
- Maintain the HRIS and the documents within it
- Minute taking in meetings when required and listening to transcribed minutes to check accuracy
- Assist with HR project work as required
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Excellent oral and written skills which facilitate effective communication at all levels
- Discrete and professional with the ability to understand the sensitivity of information you will be exposed to and an aptitude for maintaining information silos as needed
- Ability to use own initiative and take ownership of work but recognises when to escalate issues
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and can multi-task in an organised manner displaying excellent time management skills
- Flexible approach to work tasks whilst understanding how to prioritise
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues
- Approachable, confident, comfortable being challenged and able to stand your ground when required
If you are looking for an interesting and varied role in an organisation that is growing, can commit to an initial 12 month FTC and you possess the above skills / competencies, we are keen to hear from you.
Henlee Resourcing is a specialist full service human resources recruitment consultancy operating across the South West, M3 / M4 / M5 corridors.