A leading education trust is looking for an experienced HR Manager with strong ER skills and the ability to manage a delivery focused HR team. You will be involved in running the bau HR service as well as involvement in change projects and transformation.
A leading education trust.
The HR Manager role is responsible for a broad range of HR generalist duties, with a key focus on employee relations and managing change. Key responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of all systems and procedures to ensure that people management activity complies with legal, governance and assurance requirements.
- Ensure HR policies are developed, redesigned and reviewed in line with best practice, legal requirements and in support of strategic objectives.
- Designing and implementing training, tools and interventions which develop managers skills, capability and confidence in employee relations related issues, ensuring managers are upskilled to deal with people in a fair and effective manner.
- Effective development and line management of the HR team to ensure efficient and effective handling of all casework, managing grievance procedures, focusing on outcomes and facilitating early intervention, where possible, in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Working with stakeholders to enable creative solutions when guiding on complex casework, looking to seek resolution through strong industrial relationships in a timely and effective manner.
- Supporting stakeholders with employee disputes appropriately (for example mediation or tribunal cases) utilising external legal support as appropriate.
- Developing and using insightful employee relations and change reporting, data analysis and data insights to support the creation of refined HR practices, internal infrastructures and manager capability to reduce formal casework.
- Leading change process activity and consultations to support stakeholders, including developing project plans and timelines, equality impact assessments, training and communication planning and acting as a subject matter expert for change adoption processes and techniques.
The HR Manager will need to be/have:
- CIPD qualification Level 5 or 7 and/or extensive relevant experience.
- Strong employee relations and change management background, ideally within a mix of sectors, with experience of TU relationships, negotiations and consultations.
- Ability to understand the complexities of the education sector and how to work effectively within a political and unionised environment.
- Understand how to apply and interpret employment law in a range of complex work situations, prepare and manage case disputes and mitigate risk.
- Experience of developing and implementing people policies which improve the employee experience and employer brand and mitigate risk.
- Able to provide creative solutions through a fair and consistent approach, being kind and considerate, whilst delivering to business objectives.
- Experience of business improvement and efficiency through development of KPIs and commercial analysis.
- Display first class communication, interpersonal, relationship building, collaboration, customer relations and influencing skills.
- The confidence and gravitas to establish relationships quickly and be able to evidence your ability to build and motivate a high performing team, enhance service delivery and foster an inclusive and respectful working environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity with benefits including:
- Salary £44-46,000
- Excellent pension scheme
- Hybrid working, Sheffield base