HR Manager 9 Month FTC Lichfield
Your new company
A leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Your new role
The People Manager role will be based at the Lichfield site with responsibility for managing and developing the site team (People Advisor and People Assistant). The role reports to the People Partner and works closely with the wider People team across the network - including three People Managers, Recruitment and Communications teams. In the role you will;
- Ensure the provision of a high quality people service to stakeholders in all areas of HR including resourcing, employee relations, learning & development and reward
- Work in partnership with the General Manager and site management team to develop and deliver the site People plan
- Proactively facilitate and champion employee wellbeing initiatives across the site
- Supporting ongoing volume recruitment in partnership with the resourcing team
- Play a lead role in forward thinking action planning to ensure the control of absence and retention supporting the achievement of contractual KPIs and targets
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong generalist People / HR background with a track record of delivering as a People (HR) Manager ideally gained in a fast paced, logistics / retail environment.
- Good working knowledge of employment law and experience dealing with volume and complex ER issues
- Experience in adapting to change based on business requirements
What you'll get in return
This is a 9-12 month FTC, the salary is £50,000-£55,000 DOE, The role will predominantly be site based with the option to work remotely 1 day per week - hours of work can be flexible within a core range of hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.