Oakleaf Partnership are looking for a L&D Partner to join our client at their small law firm. This is a people focused claimant solicitors that deal with a wide range of sensitive cases such as clinical negligence, employment law, environmental damage, as well as UK and international human rights issues. They pride themselves on having a human touch with their customers, which in turn requires soft skill and management training. The company is looking to double their headcount next year so are keen to get an all-rounder to join the team and get established in the North. Headquarters are situated in London but this new role will be dedicated to circa 150 colleagues in Manchester.
Wellbeing is very important to our client, Learning & Development is a respected function, and you won't find big egos in the business. Reporting into the Head of L&D, the Manager looks after the apprenticeship scheme and an Advisor covers inductions and e-learning. Ideally, the right person will understand the nuances of the legal sector, but this isn't essential.
Day to day duties include:
- Partnering with Assistant Solicitors and Paralegals to enable their career development
- Conducting Learning Needs Analysis (LNA) to spot trends and provide adhoc training
- Delivering soft skills and management training, while utilizing SMEs in the business for financial planning/marketing training sessions
- Forming strong relationships with outside providers to facilitate legal training
- Researching topics and create learning materials for non-legal requirements
- Being responsible for your own administrative work
The business operates on a hybrid model working 3 days in the office, but flexibility can be accommodated. The salary is up to £45,000 and the client is looking for someone to start as soon as possible (notice period is expected).