A Financial Services organisation based in the City of London seeks a Senior HRBP to be a strategic HR partner within the organisation, influencing and implementing HR best practice across the business. The Senior HR Business Partner will work in partnership with business leaders taking a proactive role in initiation, design and execution of integrated people solutions.
A leading Financial Services firm based in the City of London.
A Senior HRBP with the following responsibilities:
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business.
- Partner with business leaders to provide high impact, strategic HR solutions to the organisation guiding the decision making of their business function with regards to people issues.
- Support management on both strategic and operational human resource activities to create and implement best practice HR initiatives.
- Strategic workforce planning - actively partner with business to help design optimal Target Operating Models and understand workforce requirements both from an organisational design and organisational development perspective.
- Work in partnership with the recruitment manager on key senior hires and the annual hiring plan ensuring full alignment with the business workforce plans and headcount budgets. Promote culture of internal succession.
- Manage employee relations issues, engaging with internal Legal and external counsel as required
- Keep abreast of changing employment legislation or regulations impacting HR, always considering the impact on HR policies and practices.
- Partner with business leaders on talent management in order that they identify talent across the functions. Develop a talent and promotion pipeline, effective succession plans and aligned development activities.
- In conjunction with the business, identify learning and development needs for business lines. Work in partnership with the broader HR team (and future L&D/Talent Mgr) to devise effective solutions always giving consideration to ideas for our client's group level initiatives.
- Lead the Performance Management life-cycle process for your business areas ensuring high quality objectives, Mid-Year Reviews and Year end appraisals. Contribute to any training for the business on this as required.
- Partner with HR Operations team on year-end process. Guide business leaders on performance management rating calibration, promotions and year end compensation proposals, challenging as appropriate. Actively engage in the annual remuneration bench-marking exercise using output to guide year end and ongoing recruitment activities.
- HR Project leadership as required e.g. Senior Managers Certification Regime, Contract Review , IR35, Employee Engagement
- Build strong working relationships with global counterparts
- Ensure continuous high levels of HR service delivery; suggesting service improvements where necessary.
- Assist the HR team to develop and keep up to date HR policies and procedures in line with current legislation and best practice.
- The Senior HR Business Partners within the department are required to have knowledge and understanding of HR issues across all business units and will work closely to provide a collaborative HR service to the organisation
A Senior HRBP with:
Academic and Professional Qualifications Required:
- Degree level educated
- CIPD preferred but not essential
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience:
- Strong HR generalist / HRBP experience within a Financial Services environment
- Experience of supporting a technology division
- Experience supporting clients in London (essential) and Asia (advantageous)
- Demonstrable experience of working credibly across all levels (including Executive level)
- Breadth of knowledge and experience within employee relations; change management; talent management; performance management; talent acquisition and reward.
- Demonstrable experience of leading HR projects.
- Experience of dealing with organisational change advantageous
- Awareness and knowledge of employment legislation changes and employment law issues
Skills set and Core Competencies Required for Role:
- Gravitas when interacting with senior leaders and the ability to present with confidence to senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - strong verbal and written communication skills essential; must possess ability to flex style in order to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Strong relationship management skills - ability to influence.
- Should be self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision; strong consulting skills a must.
- Strong project management and organisational skills. Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Able to proactively network internally and externally.
- Positive team player with ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders
- Thorough working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and HR systems
- Pro-active, consultative approach
- Balances strategic thinking and tactical, pragmatic solutions
- Deal with difficult issues, and conduct difficult discussions, with sensitivity and compassion
- Player/Coach (i.e. will roll sleeves up and get involved whilst also coaching and mentoring more junior members of the wider team)
Competitive base salary and benefits package depending on skills and experience.