Your new company
A leading animal welfare charity that is committed to providing equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all of their staff. The organisation is committed to 530 staff and over 100 volunteers.
Your new role
As the Procurement Officer for this charity you will promote the procurement strategy, policy and function to ensure efficient procurement practices in contract management, tendering and spend management. In this role you will help support the Contract & Procurement Manager whilst working with key stakeholders across the organisation to ensure effective processes are in place and followed. This role will be based 50% in the office in South West London, with 50% working from home, with Wednesday being required in the office. During this role, you will be reporting to the Procurement Manager, the team consists of the Procurement Manager and the Procurement Officer.
In this role, you will complete the following:
- Assist business owners to manage contracts to ensure that the organisation meets its obligations to the supplier
- Checking contracts from suppliers, specifically addressing terms and conditions
- This role includes reading lengthily documentation so candidates will need the ability to stay concentrated and focused
- Where required negotiate directly with suppliers and other third parties to secure the best terms
- Ensure efficient procurement practices in contract management, tendering and spend management
- Follow up on contract reminders with owners to ensure all agreements are reviewed, renewed, extended or terminated
- Provide advice to Heads of Dept, Managers and other staff on all procurement and contract management matters
- Work with the manager to identify, plan and execute tenders
What you'll need to succeed
Candidates looking to apply for this role need to be Procurement specialists that are interested in working for an animal charity, located in South- West London. To be successful in this role you need to possess the characteristics of being independent, responsible and consciousness.
- Experience working in a procurement environment
- Experienced in delivering high quality work with minimum supervision
- Experience of contract review, redlining, negotiation and execution
- Knowledge of contract structure, agreement types and contract management
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working options available.
- 28 days of annual leave (plus 8 days paid public holidays) per year
- Pension Schemes
- Free healthcare cash plan
- Annual interest-free season ticket loans
- Discounted gym memberships and cycle to work schemes
- Life insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If you are successful with your application, interviews will commerce the days of the 14th/15th September 2022.