Seeking enthusiastic HR professional to coordinate frontline HR activity as a maternity leave cover.
Your new company
We are delighted to be working with an award-winning, values-led housing association who's looking for an experienced HR professional to work in a fast-paced environment overseeing their frontline Shared Service Team on a 12 month fixed term contract acting as a cover for maternity leave. Based in Burnley, this organisation operates right across the North West, investing in local communities to make a real difference to people's lives, offering you a great opportunity to learn and enhance your career in an incredibly important and rewarding sector.
Your new role
You will provide a professional and enthusiastic service as both a team member and team manager, mainly dealing with administrative, front-of-house HR service delivery, as well as acting as a point of escalation for complex, higher level activity. With great flexibility providing the ability to work from home up to two days per week, you will perform both a 'hands-on role', as well as ensuring the team, consisting of three HR Assistants, are supported to carry out their role effectively, coordinating the work that comes in and out the service to ensure workload is shared appropriately across the team, is handled within agreed timescales, to a high standard and within regulatory parameters. This role and the team as a whole are pivotal to the core HR service offer across the full employment lifecycle, meaning you will be crucial in motivating and engaging the team to create a great working environment for the benefit of the team, the customers and the wider organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent qualification/experience
- Previous experience working in a HR role
- Previous experience in leading a team and HR Management practises
- Strong experience in HR, CRM or similar systems
- Good base of knowledge in employment legislation and its implications for HR
- A can-do, continuous improvement mindset
- Team Management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Data analysis and accurate data entry skills
- Excellent letter writing skills
- ER Casework experience is desirable
- Experience in managing projects
What you'll get in return
- 36 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Access to a Health cash plan and medical insurance
- Opportunity to work in a truly values-led company and fabulous team culture
- Excellent wellbeing programme
- Access to financial education services
- Discounted gym memberships
- High-street discounts
- 24/7 advice on medical support
- Recognition awards
- Access to counselling
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid professional fees
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people's lives
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position in Human Resources, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career on 01772 567772.