International Pensions Senior Manager - Tax - Big Four firm - Big 4 - Permanent - London - Hybrid - Consulting
Your new company
This Big Four firm operates in over 100 countries and collectively employs more than 200,000 people, serving the needs of business, governments, public-sector agencies, not-for-profits and through audit and assurance practices, the capital markets.
Your new role
The work is varied, advisory and involves working on large transformational projects for leading global employers as well as helping individuals on a private client basis.
There is an also an opportunity in the Employer Solutions team to also get involved in wider workforce issues such tax withholding and reporting on salary, bonus, expenses and benefit plus as the National Minimum Wage, Off-Payroll Working, the Apprenticeship Levy and Gender Pay Gap reporting, as well as the operational challenges associated with employer compliance.
As you would expect, this involves detailed tax advice, client relationship and team and project management skills- what you might not expect is the diversity of skills within our team, which range from tax, payroll, pensions and executive reward through to HR, technology and benefits. We believe the way we are organised and the variety we offer sets us apart from the competition. We can offer you the business challenge and career opportunity you are seeking, in an uplifting team environment.
Employer Solutions operates as a national practice and we work on a wide variety of clients including many household names. The work includes both ongoing annuity work and significant one-off projects as part of our international pension tax, employment tax, payroll advisory, Construction Industry (CIS) and wider expenses/benefits consultancy.
- Working with a range of businesses to lead projects related to international pension plans across tax treatment of distributions and contributions; designing and implementing tax governance frameworks; advising on reward and benefit policy; tax issues for cross-border pension provision and globally mobile executives; UK pension provision and International pension plans.
- In addition, you'll get the opportunity to advise individual executives as private clients on the tax treatment of their pension arrangements, often with an international dimension.
- Managing the delivery of tax advice including liaison with member firms internationally.
- Leading and providing support on our International Pensions tax and Employer Solutions technology offerings including implementation and follow up support.
- Taking responsibility for a suite of business development and marketing activities, both internally and externally.
- Identifying and winning new work opportunities.
- Leading on the delivery of work to a high standard and meeting tight deadlines.
- Taking responsibility for work carried out by other team members.
- Leading teams of people including coaching and developing other team members.
- Leading negotiations and other interactions with external bodies such as HMRC
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive Employment Tax experience, market / client knowledge, and ideally ATT/CTA qualified.
- Identifies, leads and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own and team's work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team.
- Continuously learns from experiences and encourages this across the team. Seeks out feedback and development opportunities for self and others.
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback. Coaches less experienced staff.
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community living our values.
- Brings insight and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems.
- Identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and makes decisions with appropriate consultation.
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
- Builds the reputation of the business through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
What you'll get in return
- A fulfilling and ambitious career at a leading Big Four firm
- A sustainable work-life balance: flexible working, hybrid with 2 days in office p/w
- Private medical, generous pension, and annual bonus ~12%
- £5.5k cash allowance
- Signing on bonus negotiable if walking away from bonuses at current employer
- The firm backdated inflation rises to April ensure salaries kept up with rises in cost of living
- We encourage our team members to develop and maintain specialisms across their broad range of work
- A growing team that is expanding its offering to clients
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.