Training Manager | Permanent | Manchester Centre | £42,399 - £47,722 | Remote/Flexible Working
Large public sector organisation seeking a passionate, high energy Training Manager who can hit the ground running, providing a consistent, high-quality approach to understanding, articulating, and planning effective training and development strategies. An excellent opportunity to be involved with a unique, exciting project, joining a large team of enthusiastic professionals, where you can drive change, utilising your previous experience to influence the wider people agenda with response to training.
Ability to work very flexibly. (onsite every 2nd Wednesday minimum).
Your New Role
Within your new role, you will report into the Senior Business Change Manager and will be responsible for understanding skills and capabilities requirements, undertaking gap analyses, and creating, commissioning and deploying a complex training plan to enable the mobilisation and delivery of the organisations current, high-profile project. It is key that as well as understanding training requirements, ensuring the correct skills and capabilities exist within the organisation, you have the ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with multiple priorities, keeping a sound overview at all times.
Another key aspect of your role will involve working alongside and managing multiple stakeholders. You will be required to gain trust and credibility as an expert within the training area quickly, managing expectations and guiding successfully. As well as supporting with the strategic alignment of what the programme needs, working closely with various stakeholders across the organisation, you will also support operationally, unpicking and understanding what direct training is needed, pulling together a detailed, bespoke training plan, considering all variables (e.g. value for money).
Some of the key role outputs:
- Provide a consistent, high-quality approach to understanding, articulating, and planning effective training and development strategies
- Complete robust skills and capability assessments and training needs analysis to understand the size and shape of the identified training requirements
- Develop detailed, yet agile, training plans to enable day 1, and beyond, mobilisation
- Work with external partners and internal SMEs to commission the delivery of specialised training
- Ensure the quality of training delivery and transfer of skills and capability back to role
- Maintain and control all project related documentation in line with programme requirements
What you will need:
- Experience in designing, developing and delivering a training strategy effectively in a matrix environment, demonstrating the understanding of different training methods and channel
- Experience of leading skills audits and training needs analysis and creating a detailed training plan from the outputs
- Analysis and evaluation of processes and training effectiveness; demonstrating knowledge of and experience in implementing different evaluation types
- Experience of working effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing multiple projects, working to tight deadlines and managing conflicting priorities
- Experience of advising and working collaboratively with senior and middle managers on a range of training requirements
- Ability to translate complex information to create simple, clear and concise reports and presentations.
- Ability to work in a team and independently to a high standard without constant supervision and ensure deadlines are met under pressure.
What you will get in return
- 27 Days Holiday plus Bank Holiday
- Option to Buy Holidays
- Excellent Pension (Local Government Pension)
- Travel Cover
- Flexible Working (onsite every second Wednesday)
- Plus others
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us directly. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion regarding your career.