- Location: Flexible
- Grade & Salary: Starting at £52,109 rising to £56,884 after three incremental rises (2022/23 pay award yet to be agreed)
- Post number: 203331
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Closing date: Wednesday, 28th September 2022 at 12pm.
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
If you want an exciting role in Payroll this is your job. If you want an interesting organisation that is tackling climate change this is the organisation for you.
This role, as you will see, is varied. It is key to ensuring we pay our staff accurately and on time. It is pivotal to ensuring the team works effectively and efficiently in order to ensure the team continue to deliver a professional payroll service serving the needs of our staff. You will need to build and maintain good working relationships with HR, Finance , Audit, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Civil Service Pension Scheme (CSPS) administrators, the Environment Agency Pension Fund (EAPF) and others. However, beyond all of this you will need to have the ability to find solutions to issues, look for efficiencies and work in a varied and demanding environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Considerable experience working within a People and Pay environment, at a senior/managerial level.
- Detailed understanding of developments in People and Pay management best practice.
- A Professional Payroll qualification or significant experience.
- Demonstrable experience of using and working with a variety of payroll, HR & Finance systems and other software/applications.
- In depth understanding of People & Pay Policies, and relevant tax requirements.
- Understand, interpret and provide advice and solutions on technical and complex People and Pay related matters and communicate the results to non-finance staff in an understandable and engaging way.
- Experience of implementing change or process improvement
To apply, please visit our website.