HR Generalist (HR Business Partner) | Bury | Permanent | £30,000 - £32,500 | Flexibility around hours (37)
A large public sector organisation within the education sector currently seeking a HR Business Partner to join their growing, dynamic team. An excellent opportunity for a HR professional with generalist experience looking to take the next step in their career.
Your New Role
Within your new role, you will work within a collaborative HR team and look to deliver and develop an excellent human resources service, which is flexible and responsive to customer needs. You will support across a variety of HR related tasks including;
- ER Casework (investigations and complex casework including formal grievances and disciplinaries)
- Providing advice, coaching and guidance
- Process improvement
- Project Work (e.g. Employee engagement, Communication, Agency Cost)
You will work closely with the HR Director, helping to shape the organisational strategy, then go on to deliver it across the wider organisation.
Other responsibilities within your new role;
- To prepare and issue relevant HR documents including offer letters, contracts, salary and role changes and ensure that Payroll is notified of changes and the HR system is updated.
- Respond to day-to-day issues and provide advice to managers on probation reviews, maternity, sickness absence, ensuring that organisational policies and procedures are adhered too.
- Ensure that all procedures relating to the termination of employment are carried out including exit interviews.
- To attend internal meetings and external events as a Human Resources representative where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of Human Resource issues and trends and contribute to the development of policies, procedures and practice as appropriate.
- Maintain and update HR records for all staff, including accurate and timely data input onto the HR System.
- Responsible for the calculation of annual leave entitlement and the production of annual leave records.
What you will need
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working as part of a HR team
- Previous experience within an Advisory/Generalist role
- Involvement in recruitment and selection processes
- Experience with both low level and complex casework
- Has provided advice and support to managers on a wide range of people related issues
- Strong communication/relationship building skills
- Excellent written skills
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation/employment trends
- Maintain safe working practices (essential)
- Part or full CIPD qualification
- Experience working within the Education sector (desirable)
What you will get in return
- Excellent scope for development within your career
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Additional Christmas shutdown
- Excellent Pension (Up to 22%)
- Free onsite parking
- Plus others
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us directly. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion regarding your career.