Chief of Staff (FTC)
Society of London Theatre (SOLT) and the UK Theatre Association (UK Theatre) are organisations that work with and on behalf of our Members to champion theatre, promote the performing arts and strengthen the theatre community.
Our Members include producers, theatre owners and managers who present shows in major commercial and grant-aided theatres, both in the capital and across the UK.
We are now looking for a Chief of Staff to join us on a full-time, one year maternity cover contract.
- Salary of £48,000 - £52,000, depending on experience
- 25 days' annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Income protection scheme
This is an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre manager with excellent project management skills to step into an exciting role with the UK’s leading performing arts membership organisation.
In this engaging role, you’ll have the unique chance to combine your skills and experience with your interest in theatre and the performing arts, all while playing a vital role in the delivery of some amazing projects and events.
So, if you have a passion for the arts and would thrive in an exciting, fast-paced industry, apply today!
As the Chief of Staff, you will provide an executive level of support to the Chief Executives of SOLT and UK Theatre and support the delivery of a range of projects, initiatives and events.
Ensuring that staff are engaged and informed, you’ll organise meetings and engagement opportunities and develop new schemes to contribute to the overall wellbeing of the workforce.
Managing the Theatre Development Trust, you’ll plan meetings and charitable activities and oversee grant giving, donations and reporting, ultimately ensuring that our charitable objectives are achieved.
You’ll be responsible for the SOLT and UK Theatre Boards, ensuring action points are delivered by monitoring administration and providing support with writing papers, reports and discussion documents.
Additionally, you will:
- Identify ways to promote our work and develop our relationship with our members
- Ensure our members are informed about our aims and achievements
- Assist with the planning of key events
- Build relationships with external bodies, stakeholders and organisations to help deliver the business strategy
To be considered as the Chief of Staff, you will need:
- Experience of managing a team and supporting their development
- The ability to deliver work within budgetary constraints
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- IT proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office applications
A proven interest and commitment to theatre would be beneficial to your application, as would a detailed knowledge of London/UK theatres, producers and productions. Knowledge of Campaign Monitor and Survey Monkey would also be advantageous.
The closing date for this role is the 25th September 2022.
Please note, unsuccessful