Your new company
Hays is pleased to be working with a leading financial services provider to appoint an HR Adviser to join their team. This role can be based in either Belfast or Derry Londonderry, and offers hybrid working.
Your new role
As an HR Adviser, you will report to the HR Operations Manager and be responsible for providing direct support to company employees, other HR groups and company management by handling a variety of HR-related duties and delivering consistent advice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support employees across Northern Ireland on queries relating to HR policies and procedures with a strong customer focus
- Administer the sickness absence process including Occupational Health referrals and reporting
- Administer statutory and company leaves as per policy
- Support the administration of pensions and benefits including company bonus, salary increases and share schemes.
- Support queries from staff and people managers on payroll related matters
- Support the tracking of the Minimum Competency Code (MCC) as applicable to Northern Ireland staff
- Support local reporting as required such as the submission of annual returns to the NI Equality Commission
- Ensure our HR systems are accurately updated and support employees with any HR system queries · Use reporting and systems available to effectively monitor, track and audit HR processes to mitigate against risk and ensure compliance
- Work collaboratively as a team with the ROI HR Operations team to ensure best practise and common approach
- Support the wider HR team in both NI and ROI
- Be flexible to undertake other duties that may be required
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within a generalist HR role
- CIPD/HR or relevant qualification
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years' HR systems experience
- Previous experience with administration of sickness absence
- Previous experience with pensions
- Working knowledge of Data Protection obligations and confidentiality as applies to a HR professional
- Excel skills and analytical ability
- Proactive and positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills, making naturally good first impressions and with the ability to be tactful, diplomatic and professional
- Positive influencer with the ability to interact with people from a variety of different seniority, cultures and business disciplines.
- Excellent organising and planning with a keen attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
- Salary Base £20-£24,500
- Annual Bonus
- Health Subsidies
- Education Policy - Paid Professional Subscriptions
- Employee discounts
- Hybrid Working
- Paid Maternity, Paternity, Sick Leave
- Cycle to Work
- 4 x Life Assurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.