The HR Assistant assists with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties, in the Epsom office.
Nursing and Care organisation
The key responsibilities of the HR Assistant in Epsom will be:
Recruitment and On-boarding
- Support the Executive Resourcer with administering the process for new employees; sending out appropriate offer letters and new starter paperwork, carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks, i.e. obtaining references and right to work checks
- Collating new starter information
- Entering all information in to the HR system
- Training new starters on the HR system and ensuring they understand how to request holiday, approve timesheets etc
- Monitoring the probation review process ensuring Managers carry out reviews on time and issuing probation outcome letters including extensions and terminations, taking advice from the Head of HR when required
- Ensuring that all pay related instructions and changes are prepared, recorded and the Payroll Manager is informed in time for the monthly payroll run for Head Office and Branch staff, i.e. new starters, leavers, contract amendments and any other benefits
- Arranging for the issue of Contracts of Employment and issue of amendments to contracts ensuring all information is updated on the HR system and records kept in the employee's personnel files
- Processing employee resignations including sending out acknowledgement letters and updating the HR system
- Reviewing exit interviews and questionnaires and passing on any relevant information to the Head of HR
- Maintaining up to date employment records on all staff
- Making up new starter files and maintaining employee personnel files
- Archiving employee files and other records when required
- Keeping car and driving records up to date including company car and business use information
- Recording information from the Annual Appraisal Scheme
- Carrying out general administration duties for the HR department, i.e. responding to emails, answering the telephone, devising and sending out standard letters.
- Issuing eye care vouchers and keeping up to date records.
- Administering Benefits and Rewards Scheme
- Administering the Private Medical Insurance scheme
Advice and Guidance
- Provide day to day advice to Managers and Employees, escalating more complex issues to the Head of HR.
- Assist in formal meetings such as disciplinaries or grievances as requested.
- Providing cover for reception at lunch times/other breaks and annual leave or other absences.
- General administration duties.
- Be a champion for internal customer service
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
The successful HR Assistant in Epsom will be have and be measured by:
- Excellent attention to detail
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Processing, verifying and maintaining personnel information and documentation
- Recruitment administration
- Completing the new starter process
- Completing the leaver process
- Issuing contracts and amendments to contracts
- Dealing with line manager an employees' queries
- Managing the HR inbox
- General administration duties and covering for the receptionist when required
- Working closely with the HRBP's and wider HR team
- Committed to providing a high-quality service
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
On offer for the successful HR Assistant in Epsom is:
- 20 Days holiday a year + bank holidays
- Office based role for first few weeks then hybrid 2 days working from home.
- Salary up to £24,000
- 35 hour working week