A unique opportunity is now available within a niche Financial Services business based in Central London. They are looking for a HR Business Partner who will partner all infrastructure/corporate functions groups for the London and Dublin offices and additionally this person will be the de facto Head of HR for Dublin but be based in London.
This will be a broad Business Partner role covering the entire employee lifecycle from recruitment, onboarding, engagement, performance, learning, talent, comp and more. You will report directly into the Head of HR and work in partnership with them and the rest of the team at both a strategic and operational level. It is essential candidates are happy to get their hands dirty.
We are looking for candidates with previous Financial Services experience, ideally within another nich FE business such as private equity, hedge funds, asset management, wealth managers etc but wider FS will be considered.
Candidates will need to be dynamic, driven, career orientated and customer centric. Broad generalist HR experience is vital.
Responsibilities (brief list):
- Actively support the Head of HR and other members of the HR team on all relevant local and global initiatives
- Be a 'first line of defense' for local Employee Relations issues in the agreed client groups in London, and for the Dublin office
- Execute various hires in London typically through external recruitment firms
- Advise hiring managers on the most suitable recruitment process, and - on a project-by-project basis coach hiring managers on interviewing skills and techniques, to augment regular Firm-wide sessions on this topic
- Liaise with recruitment agencies, and maintain Preferred Supplier Lists the relevant client group, working with broader HR BP team to exploit existing relationships with global firms to full effect
- Ensure the Firm's ATS is kept up to date, and assist with the generation of data and metrics to demonstrate progress
- Develop strong understanding of the business and help identify appropriate local HR interventions
- Provide an advisory service to relevant employee populations such that they are fully aware of all policies, processes, and benefits entitlements
- Support the wider HR Team with the management of the annual performance review process
- Managing the starter, changes, and leaver processes for the relevant employee population, including delivering inductions for the new starters / the broader 'orientation' program
- Leverage knowledge of UK immigration processes and experience of handling immigration matters to provide immigration support for new hires and those relocating or traveling to other locations
- Support the ongoing adoption of self-serve functionality in Workday and Greenhouse
- Previous HR generalist experience within a Financial Services environment
- Able to operate autonomously with high energy
- Genuinely passionate about occupying a truly generalist role and possessing both the experience and conviction to lead numerous concurrent recruitment exercises
- Extremely hands-on with an understanding that the HR BP role will involve getting one's hands dirty
- Will enjoy a dynamic that (on any given day) incorporates both hands-on, urgent work as well as complex, strategic and long-term projects
- A true team player who relishes individual contribution and brings an understanding of how to operate successfully in a boutique environment
- In possession of working knowledge of the broadest possible range of HR disciplines
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of the organization and with diverse client groups
- Able to have high impact in locations in which they are not permanently based, and able to build relationships internationally and cross-culturally - has the maturity and experience to see the big picture and operates accordingly
- Takes ownership of personal development
- Excellent attention to detail but both able and eager to work at a fast pace
- Will have worked with HR and/or recruitment systems and appreciate their value - would ideally have had exposure to Workday and/or Greenhouse
- Knowledge and awareness of current UK employment law
- Strong academic background to include a degree