A generalist HR Manager role for a medium sized organisation in Harrogate. This position will lead a small team in providing a full HR service to the leadership team and employees.
A prestigious organisation in Harrogate.
The HR Manager will lead a small HR team in providing a full HR service to the organisation, including:
- To support the leadership team in developing and delivering human resources strategies which support the strategic aims and objectives of the organisation
- To manage the HR department and day to day provision of a quality human resources service to management and the whole staff community
- To help create, encourage and drive a culture where staff are motivated and developed in order to achieve their very best and maximise performance
- To manage the HR department so as to ensure that all human resources matters are given the appropriate time and attention
- To oversee all aspects of employee relations work in school including cases of capability, disciplinary, grievance, harassment investigations, sickness absence management and any consultations
- To manage the regular review of the HR Staff Handbook policies and procedures to ensure that all information remains up to date and in line with current employee legislation
- To oversee recruitment processes to ensure that the highest standards for recruitment and selection are maintained
- To oversee the implementation of payroll decisions made by senior management
- To liaise with the Payroll Officer to ensure they have accurate information for processing in the monthly payroll, and at other relevant times, e.g. for P11D submissions.
- To lead on any HR-related project work arising including the development of HR systems
This is a fantastic HR Manager opportunity for a leading education organisation. You will need to be/have:
- CIPD qualification or equivalent
- Proven HR experience at manager level in a medium sized organisation, ideally in the education sector or similar
- Solid experience of delivering HR services with a small HR team
- Strong employment law knowledge
- Experience of managing and dealing with all aspects of employee relations including disciplinary, capability and grievances
This really is a superb opportunity for those wanting to work in the area.
- Salary £45-50k plus benefits
- Flexible working including potential for hybrid working
- Permanent role in Harrogate
- Potential for an immediate start if available