Oakleaf Partnership Midlands are currently looking to recruit an Assistant HR Business Partner for a college to be based in Nottingham.
- Support leaders to develop their teams and help create and drive a high-performance culture
- To offer a full HR generalist support service to a specific business area.
- Excite and inspire others, bringing the People Strategy to life, taking a position on issues, inspiring colleagues to develop and thrive in the College General Duties and Responsibilities To contribute to the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of the College
- Ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the college
- Deliver on key performance indicators across the College, aiming to deliver continuous improvement
- Promote the College with employers, sector bodies, schools and the local community, developing effective partnerships with employers, the funding agencies and other representative bodies
- To proactively promote Safeguarding practice, EDI, Health and Safety and the well-being of all our students and staff and undertake all requirements of the College, CPD and mandatory training Duties and responsibilities Account Management
- To provide a full HR account management support for your business area, including job evaluation and pay benchmarking.
- To provide advice, to coach and support managers with HR casework and restructuring activity across the College.
- To support leaders on the HR aspects of TUPE transfers including consultation with trade unions and staff and liaison with legal advisers as required. Page 2
- Support leaders in implementing change programmes, including consultation with trade unions and staff and liaison with legal advisers as required.
- * To maintain case files ensuring they are accurately reflecting case management activity, are up to date and in accordance with data protection principles.
- To conduct investigations, interviewing witnesses and producing investigation reports. To ensure all cases are managed within a 4-week window, working proactively with leaders to manage the process, quickly and efficiently.
- Oversee the referral process to Occupational Health and ensure all reports are tracked and monitored for appropriate action
- Oversee the monitoring of the Day One Absence reporting system, escalating appropriate issues to the relevant HR Business Partner or Health and Safety.
- Manage all absence cases in a timely manner, with a proactive approach to outcomes. * Provide monthly monitoring reports for the Head of Human Resources and senior managers and to undertake an annual analysis of all case management in partnership with the HR Officer - Systems and Data.
- Track and monitor policy and procedure reviews to ensure these are kept up to date and in line with any legislative requirements or changes.
- Provide advice to managers on contracts of employment, terms and conditions and the use of HR policies and procedures.
- To support the People Services Transactional service with the administration and development the College staffing benefits scheme.
- Manage any pay award and reviews, including specific area reviews as required. * Support leaders in implementing change programmes
- Ensure ongoing compliance with HR processes and procedures
- To take a proactive support role of managers and leaders to ensure the People agenda is met alongside the overarching College strategy Trusted Advisor
- To act as a trusted advisor to develop and build leadership and colleague capability across the College Development, Recruitment and Engagement
- To assist managers and leaders to work with all colleagues to build and develop high performing teams, using 121s, PDRs and performance reviews to ensure every colleague can thrive
- Manage the delivery of the people plan in your area
- Support the building of a resource plan across all teams to move to a more proactive approach to recruitment
If interested in this role please contact us for more information.